Thread: Pantech USB 4G modem not dial-up fast

Pantech USB 4G modem not dial-up fast

We have some Pantech 4G USB modem to try at work. According to Verizon Wireless customers who are in an area and between3 4g and 4 bars constant signal in our office on a Panasonic Tough book. The service is pathetically slow, accelerating time-old slow dial-up modem. Basic web sites take forever to load. There is nothing to install, but do not understand the action. CSR I spoke with Verizon Wireless data and had no explanation other than start a new query for network engineers. They say the network is not a problem. I have not seen much information on these modems. Does anyone have an idea for a way to adjust or fix these things? Any help would be very much respected.

Re: Pantech USB 4G modem not dial-up fast

You see, that could well be the case because the modem 4G 3G modems are different animals. I suggest you run the test with this new modem 4G modify "/ settings and see what results you get. I did it again on November 8, when I changed to 8 November and, as I recall, I had to change my MTU to 1400. Obviously, the requirements of your computer may be different from mine, but the trial is the first step for you, I think. If you are dissatisfied Tweak test and ask for changes, download TCP doctor to "/ drtcp and follow the instructions pinch test.

Yes, that's all there is to do. You should not have to change anything. Note that 4G uses a completely different frequency spectrum for 3G and cell towers may differ depending on your area. So just because you have great 3G service does not mean that you have a great service for 4G. If I were you, I would do things like move around the office to see if they were at a standstill for 4G. Turn on the modem or laptop to see if it helps to see if there are any problems with the antenna.

Plain and simple: the 4G modems should theoretically be faster than 3G modems out of the box. Sure you can adjust Windows XP, but that's not such a serious problem when they like it. I've certainly seen a report like this. In the other situation, the laptop in the office was a nice sign as yours, but the speed was insufferably sluggish and 3G was quicker. While they moved to the laptop to another place, it fixes the speed problem. Therefore, my guess is that even though the signal bar shows good signal, which may not actually be a quick sign. Perhaps because the reports of the RSS signal strength (received signal strength in dB with respect to mW) and SNR ignored? I do not know.

I appreciate all the answers. According VZAccess Mgr. the RSSI is-60dBm with 3 signal bars. In fact, I'm about 4 feet away from a window and the window I can see a 400-foot tower, which is approximately 1 / 2 mile away with a clear line of sight. I'll take the laptop out one morning and see if it works better in different places. Our goal is to use the 4G modem laptops mounted on vehicles such as that currently use the 3G, so in a moving stage. I'm doing a test in my first office in which hot and dry.

Here I must add something. 60 dBm is without doubt an excellent signal. We do not know if the SNR. DBm is a measure of power. The SNR was reported as dB alone. I do not know what a good SNR for the signals of cell phones, so I'll try to do more research on this topic. RSS For nothing is good to -80, -80 - 100 is usable, and nothing else -100 virtually no signal. For -60 to be very close to the tower as you said.