Thread: P5N-E SLI motherboard Ethernet failed to connect to Internet

P5N-E SLI motherboard Ethernet failed to connect to Internet

Hi all, I am having a few problem through Ethernet port that is on my P5N-E SLI motherboard. The real problem is that when I insert the cable to the router then it shows me the message that says "identifying" but it failed to connect to internet. When I stop the port within connections then it hangs and I require restarting the explorer.exe and the pc doesn’t shut down correctly. This issue is the same for the Windows vista and windows 7. This is very frustrating. Please help me to solve the problem.

Re: P5N-E SLI motherboard Ethernet failed to connect to Internet

There might be the problem with the driver which you are having installed on your computer and that is the main reason that you are getting problem to connect to the internet. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the existing driver from your computer and install that over again. If that solves the issue then it is very ok but if that fails to solve the issue then you will have to upgrade the driver to the latest version of it and see if that can assist you to resolve the issue.

It is also possible that the connecting cable that you are using to connect your router to your motherboard is faulty and so you are facing the issues like this. So the first thing that you need to check in the cases like this is the connection cable. If you feel that the cable is faulty then simply replaces that with a new one and see if that can help you. You will get that cable easily on any computer hardware shop. If that does not comes to be the problem then you can reply back so that we can come up with some advanced solution.

You should check that if you have configured the Ethernet Network Connection correctly. As you are making use of the router for connection to the internet then you will have to enable DHCP on the router. This is because the computer can be able to connect to the router as you provide the cable connection to it. DHCP allows you to auto configure your computer. Thank you!!!

This problem can also be with the network and so you need to check the network also. To verify that the network is perfect, you can try to connect some other computer wirelessly and see if that is working or not. If it is also not working there then it will confirm that the problem is with the network and once you know that the problem is on which side then it will be easier to get the solution. So you must verify this first and reply with the result that you get.