Thread: Need a tool for Wake on LAN

Need a tool for Wake on LAN

I am having the personnel computer at my office there the thing is the when one pc is turn on then only all the system can be operated. I mean to say that if my system is the server and until and unless it is not turned on then all the system will remain off and In short I need to work on a PC located in an office away from it and here I am having the administrative rights but the problem is that this is possible only when the machine is on or I can say that anyone else is accessing my system. So what are the ways that will make me to have access over the computer situated at my office.

Re: Need a tool for Wake on LAN

Wake on Lan is a small program that does not look at first. Do not be fooled by appearances, this handful of bytes may well impress you. Let's end the suspense, Wake on LAN allows a machine to boot completely off via the network, no less! With a little ingenuity, you can even trigger such a "start-up magic from the Internet. Caution, however, that the system works, the PC must have a wake board (or NIC) compatible wake on lan.

Rather than using some tools of the same genre but with questionable ergonomics, try WakeOnLAN with which you can test the state machine (thanks to ping very fast) that you previously reported and those you want to restart in a single click. Note that the clock of a PC is possible that If it has a network card compatible with remote wake-up, - If the network card is connected to the WOL connector on the motherboard or If the machine's BIOS is configured to allow remote wakeup

The first configuration to do and not least is to configure the BIOS. The problem is that there are different BIOS, so I'll explain with screen shots of mine.The buttons are about the same, I count on you to demonstrate independence. My BIOS is an AMI BIOS, I'll explain it as an example. Remember that it is possible that you do not have the option to enable Wake on LAN.But the Remote Wake is not the only string that tool to its bow as it allows also restart, shut down, hibernate, close / lock the session on one or more remote machines. It must, however, that the configuration of the machine 'target' permits: the service 'server' should especially be started and you the user who wishes to turn off the remote machine must have sufficient privileges. Note that some features are not accessible to the posts under Win9x.

Wake On LAN Ex allows you to use the resources of igniting the NIC of a computer. Indeed, some network cards can wake up a computer in standby mode or turned off altogether, when they receive accurate information. And Wake On LAN Ex allows you to take remote control of a computer network to turn it on, wake him up, turn it off, reboot or log off.

Wake on lan, Wol short, is a technique to start a computer completely off from the network. This can be done on the LAN (Wake on LAN) or directly on the internet (Wake on WAN). Note that for this to work, turn your computer must be turned on, connected to the network, configured to wake on lan and consistent course. A small program running on the first computer sends a data packet, this packet contains the following bytes followed by the MAC address of the destination network adapter repeated sixteen times. This data is sent over port 7 or on any port, I will explain how to do with the port 7 in this tutorial, but be aware that the configuration is almost the same, it only matters that when configure the program clock.