Thread: Cannot download files after updating NIS

Cannot download files after updating NIS

I recently upgraded my Norton subscription of NIS '10 to '11. From the time I renewed I'm not able to download any of the files. I am getting a box that says my security settings will not allow me to download the file. I have Microsoft Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 8. The whole thing is advanced. There have been no changes in my setup. What you just modified for '10 to '11 was. I tried to change certain functions ON and OFF, but there seems nothing to the effort. I tried downloading different files from different sites to ensure that it was not site specific. I am not able to download anything. Any opinions or information regarding this issue would be welcome.

Re: Cannot download files after updating NIS

You should check after disabling the firewall that whether you can download the files? You should also confirm that if you are having the administrator account or limited user account? If you still cannot download something with the firewall disabled, you will need to look at the security settings in Internet Explorer. There may have been a Windows update that something distorted in Windows Vista.

You should be familiar with that NIS does not incorporate Google Chrome into the extent of Norton toolbar is concerned. Have you changed the Internet Explorer settings recently? You can try the new setting in Internet Explorer default settings. You can do this by following simple steps: From the Tools-Internet Options after you go to the Security tab and click the "Reset all zones to default level." Hope this helps you solve your problem.

I have little information for you which will assist you to solve this trouble. It is the Norton alert box recognize or a Windows or Internet Explorer warning? Sound like Norton warning at all. It seems more likely that the Internet Explorer settings for your Internet zone, possibly too limiting for download, in which case you must add the download site, if faith, to the Trusted sites zone.

Go to the security settings of Internet Explorer and put to average, high and put them to default levels. It states that in case of problems. If the problem persists after this step then you will have to go to the Advanced Internet Explorer and select 'Restore advanced settings ". So this is sure to help you solve your problem. And this will help start the download. If this is not the solution for you then reply back, so the problem occurs after you perform these steps.

If you are facing problem after upgrading the NIS then the most simple and helpful suggestion for you is to switch back to the earlier version of that which was not creating the problem for you. This will be the best way to get out of the issue and I can say that there are more chances that it will resolve the problem for you. Thank you.