Thread: Which on to choose between Kasperksy 2011 or Norton 2011

Which on to choose between Kasperksy 2011 or Norton 2011

There are two antivirus program which I want to install on my laptop. I have a Hp Pavilion system which is working on a 64 bit operating system. I am using right not this as server at my office. Till yet it is a virus free pc and recently I had setup a ftp server for employees to share some common files. So there is a need for an antivirus now. I am stuck on this two antivirus program which one to choose among html. The first is Kasperksy 2011 and the second is Norton 2011. Which one to choose between them and what will you recommend. I found that Norton makes system too slow but it is a much powerful antivirus program.

Re: Which on to choose between Kasperksy 2011 or Norton 2011

What I know here is that Norton has gain a very wide acceptance from users about fighting with spyware and fake antivirus. Norton is one of the most power antivirus program which is best for blocking sypware, fake antivirus, alert for downloading, etc. It is one of the best internet security program which can detect malicious websites and just block them permanently. So comparison to Kaspersky, Norton is much better for online internet protection and security. This gives the antivirus an addon point before Kasperksy. There are other more tools that comes with NIS.

I had used both Kaspersky and Norton and I had use them both for some years. In my case Kasperky is a failure. Why because it scan for a very long time and on the same had it is very resource consuming. So it is better to program the antivirus to scan in night only. Those settings are provided. This defect is not found on NIS. The only benefit of Kasperky is that it can scans in dept of files and catch the infection. This is the first benefit I found on it. In short if you want a powerful tool for disinfection then you must go for KAV and if you want a tool for continuous scan which eats your system low then you must go for NIS.

One thing I like about Norton is that it verifies Zip files. What I found if you want to determine the power of a antivirus program then you must check that it must be also able to detect viruses in zip files and other compressed folders. In Norton this is possible. The same is also equipped on Kaspersky. What it gives is a faster rate of scanning. I don't know how your system is slow. I had used Norton before and found that in manual scanning it can scan up to 9 levels of zip files. But the same is not applicable if the program is in real-time detection mode. But that does not look so important.

Today there are increasing number of Antivirus suite you can find online. Large number of tools now give you more options likes performance tuning and backup data support. Norton was once competitor to Windows Live OneCare. The antivirus tool is considered as functional due to multi item support and way of using the same. Norton 360 and Kaspersky are purely two different types of product. Norton 360 has an simple interface with better protectoin areas. Kaspersky is much more functional. I will recommend Kaspersky.

Just like McAfee and SiteAdvisor, Symantec offers a feature known websites, designed to prevent the user from a malicious site. So it is more of a internet security suite. Today we have maximum threats involving online. That can cause a damage toyour system. Norton keeps an eye on those stuff. You get support for Parental Control, Data Backup, etc. I like the number of additional tools that are provided on this and they gives you more choices. It is not true that such antivirus eats your ram, it depends on the systems processing power.