Thread: Where I can I get a good Network Share Monitor

Where I can I get a good Network Share Monitor

I need some help with to have a good network share monitor. My client requires that and I am not getting a appropriate solution. I also want to know what are the exact requirement of it. Means what one can benefit out of a Network Share monitor. Why the tool is used and what features should I look for before buying it. I need some better recommendations for that. I had heard that Windows has its own network share monitor and that is free to use. It can be helpful for testing. What does it offers and what can be done with the tool. This mostly look like a tool to monitor network file sharing and other network activity.

Re: Where I can I get a good Network Share Monitor

Have you heard about Alchemy Network Monitor. For testing purpose just try this tool. The basic work of this tool is that it keeps on monitoring your network and servers. It is just not a monitor but it also keeps on generating a alerts when there is any problem detected by it. It is not a very advance Network monitor but filled up with basic purposes and benefits that you are looking for a network monitoring service. It is possible to have some predefined operations on the software which work automatically including a server restart. So that looks more than enough for beginning.

It is true to that many of the users are facing issue of long response times of applications and websites. Sometime you might also have noticed that your network is extremely slow and could not find reason behind the same. It can be due to slow disk, or continuous usage of network bandwidth. Network Monitor check the activity and provide you current information on whatever is going on. This makes your job easy to keep an eye that what is happening in the background. It becomes very much easy to detect and get information on virus and other infections on the system.

Monitoring the bandwidth is mainly responsible for detecting the use of bandwidth. It can be consume by any of stuff that is on your network. There is a tool called IpHost Network Monitor. It is a kind of a network monitoring software and server. By this tool you can not only monitor web sites but also the intranet applications, mail accounts, DNS and other servers issue. You can get information network equipment and other resources inside and outside your network. So that gives you a full information on the lan network activity and makes your job much easier. There is a shareware version of this software available which you can test.

Yes there is a network monitor tool for Windows by Microsoft. It is called as Microsoft Network Monitor. It is an kind of network analysis tool. The tool is free I think. I had never used the same but just by searching found information on this. The tool is designed is such a way that it keeps on taking snapshot of traffic frame by frame and the same you can observe after some time to analyze the network activity. It provides more information for each frame, ie its number, its source, destination, the communication protocol used and type.

In my view try Lanscan Network Monitor. It is a a quick and easy way to monitor LAN activity. There are tons of other tool also but Lanscan is the one which I am using form a very long time. I have a lan network of around 15 pc in my office and most of the time I had faced a low bandwidth issue. You can install the same on your operating system and on your network. Just run the tool and it keeps on collecting the data automatically. You can list of activity nicely presented. You can also track unwanted users on the network and get information on the same.