Thread: How to clean virus contaminated files

How to clean virus contaminated files

I'm using a desktop PC running Windows 7 on it. I just launched a total of McAfee virus scan using the company to get rid of those infected with the virus on my computer. The antivirus program had several infected files and removes files that seem not very important. But the virus has taken advantage of Sun Java. I cannot delete the file because it is important to me now. Now I'm looking for any way to secure my computer. What should I do now? I can count on McAfee to remove the virus files or should I get to reformat the drive. System performance has not been diminished due to this infection. I do not know what to do? I'm not sure if this virus will cause much damage or not. Please suggest me for this confusion.

Re: How to clean virus contaminated files

I think now you must run a second analysis using a malware scanner as "malware bytes" or "super antispyware." Otherwise, you can use any good or malware remover spybot program as well. It made a rootkit remover released it acquired some time to explore. But it is a good program for scanning hidden infected files on your system, it can be a system file, file the application or data file. In addition to install a good firewall program on your PC. PC Tools Firewall Plus or Zone Alarm works better on Windows. It may be possible that the virus may try to use some suspicious connections. So run netstat- an command at the command prompt to view the status of ports and connection.

I think the first analysis conducted was not successful at all. At some point the analysis was done a long time for a file or some kind of virus to detect and clean them. If the antivirus can not find what the infected file is omitted then the analysis and continues with other profiles. The program displays only a single warning at that time. So I advise you to scan your computer over again by means of the newest updates. Or else, you can utilize one more program to get rid of it. If this is not possible for that drive then the last choice is to reinstall Windows.

Actually if antivirus is not able to clean otherwise remove virus as of that exacting file then attempt some substitute technique. That means you will be able to run scan during the command prompt. It is simple method to scan some type of errors.
    • First of all go to Start > run and type “cmd” to it and click Ok.
    • When you see the command line windows then type sfc/scannow and press Enter
    • Now reboot the computer to solve them.

I wish that this technique will help you to get out of the problem.

If there is not a problem in the performance of the system or process then why do you require removing it unless you are looking for hard disk format? The virus will not be able to delete all infected files. Not 100% sure too. Some viruses are not going to start the process until it accepts some command of the programmer or operator. These viruses Internet connection is required in order that its holder will provide remote access. There are other viruses that are running in the background devoid of causing some effect on front. Other viruses are just going to run on a particular date or time. If the infected file is loaded then you need to worry about before connecting to the Internet. If it is other than normal virus Trojan or remote connector so you do not have to worry much.

If the infected file is nit from the file system then you can delete that file. It simply will not affect the application including the complete operating system. You can then re-install Sun Java. Do not delete a file containing the recording and reporting of system memory. It will affect both the performance of the system or boot. How the antivirus program issues this file? "You will be asked to remove or discard? If there is an option to delete that file, then why you are worrying a lot.