Thread: Sluggish transfer speed with edimax BR-6424n router

Sluggish transfer speed with edimax BR-6424n router

I have newly bought edimax BR-6424n router for the windows XP computer to attach it openly through LAN and laptop which is running the Windows 7 and that is having the inherent wifi. My laptop inbuilt wifi adapter is able to transmit data at about 1.5-2.5MBps toward my desktop. But it looks that it is slow subsequent to purchasing a fine USB wifi device that increases up to 300MBps. After installing driver for USB adapter I can perceive in realtek 11n software which the TX and RX are continue jumping. The real speed of Tx: 150 Mbps as well as Rx: 300Mbps, but I can just get about 1.5-2.5MBps transfer. The control display the link is 98-100% and signal strength differs around 58-60%. Then why I am obtaining such a stumpy speed? How can I pick up the connection speed? If you can provide some tips to recover this then it will be very useful.

Re: Sluggish transfer speed with edimax BR-6424n router

I consider the trouble you are getting because of the use of both Wi-Fi adapters at the similar time on the same machine. This most likely will sluggish the speed of the connection or transfer. In order to attain a high-quality connection as well as speed you will have to totally immobilize an adapter. Using the device will also make the speed of the network. If the device is connected to a network then any application for that device reduces the efficiency of network. As you know, the wi-fi in the home, so you need to transfer files once the device is in the connection to the network. To check the actual speed of the network, you will have to disconnect device within the network or else, you must utilize a energetic network.

We need more statistics before processing your network for the problem that you are facing. How does your router is configured Mhz? What is your router transfer speed? What is the ratio of its energy from Tx? What is the speed of your current link between the computer and the router? Make sure the link speed between the two should be 100 Mbps not 10 Mbps. For secure connection and good transfer rate and is itself G connection or wifi adapter on board. Use only a Wi-Fi device in your laptop. Make sure that firewall is not blocking or difficult to filter data packets incoming and outgoing calls. Check the router transfer speed and other settings.

For me, it seems that another wireless network in range and are interfering with yours and that is the reason for the issue. First make sure that no other wifi networks in the same close range. If there are additional dynamic networks then it is most likely the channel interference. Another thought is that you do not verify the transfer speed using tiny files otherwise data. Try to transfer big files over 500 MB. This will assist you get that what is causing the trouble. What type of security which is used on network? For greatest speed that is suggested to utilize WPA2 (AES encryption) and put like 40MHz channel width.

You can use the connection for twice if united. If you are not constantly connected to each other on the network or router uses the fastest available for the same one. You can also make use of the double connection that can only improve performance. By default on the problem of router using the adapter built into the laptop and simply ignores the external USB wifi adapter. Open the task system administrator with Ctrl + alt + del button and go to network traffic. There you can see which adapter currently see data transfer.

Lot of transparency involved in this regard is causing the slow transfer rate. I think in the transfer of your data can be confined and distorted to a single mobile, potentially encrypted depending on the configuration of the router, transmitted to the router, confirmed, and then sent to another team once decrypted file back to original . To improve the whole network of N alone or G / N only and also ensure that the channels used to be individual and clear around the encryption system.