Thread: How to get Gmail Incoming and outgoing server

How to get Gmail Incoming and outgoing server

Hello, I am quite new to these stuffs. I check mails directly through their portals I don’t want to visit them again and again because it’s quite annoying if you are working on something and then in between you have to open browser and have visit that site. So guys can you help me out what I need is an incoming mail server i.e POP3 or IMAP and an outgoing e-mail server i.e STMP for my Gmail account, Because I don’t know where to find the solution for this so I have posted it here, Thanks in advance.

re: How to get Gmail Incoming and outgoing server

It’s quite easy you just have to follow few simple steps to setup your Gmail account on MS outlook
    Steps –
    1- You have to enable IMAP in your Gmail account and save your settings.
    2- Open outlook.
    3- For new setups and select do not upgrade and click on ‘Yes’.
    4- Enter your display name, Email id with ‘@gmail.com’ and password.
    5- Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' checkbox.
    6- Select Internet E-mail.
    7- Now in internet Email settings
    Your name, Full email address, select account type IMAP, in Incoming and Outgoing server name type imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com respectively. In user name enter your gmail id again and enter password.
    8- In Tools menu, click on Options and then Mail Setup. Under 'Email Accounts,' click E-mail Accounts.
    9- Select an account, and click Change above the list of accounts. Click More Settings, then the Advanced tab.
    Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL encryption.
    Outgoing server can use 587, TLS encryption.
    10- Click on Outgoing server and select 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server'.
    11- Now Click then Next after that Finish and then close and finally OK.

The given steps for to setup Gmail account with MS outlook are perfect but I would to tell recommend IMAP client settings by which you will be safe or your privacy will be maintained on server. For Outlook express On the send tab in tools> Options, no need to not check Save copy of sent messages in the "Sent Items" folder. And check ’send messages immediately’. For Outlook 2003, In Email options settings reached by selecting tools and then click on Options and then on Preferences. And do not check ‘Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder’.

The above given steps are only for MS outlook but you can use Outlook Express instead of MS outlook to set up your account with Outlook Express you have to follow these instructions
    First Enable POP in Gmail,
    1- Click on the gear icon which at the top-right of Gmail page and click on Mail settings.
    2- Click on on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
    3- And there select any one of these Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
    4- And then select what to do with your messages after POP receives them and save settings.

Now, Open Outlook express
    1. Click on the Tools menu, and from there select Accounts.
    2. Now click Add, and then click on Mail.
    3. Now you have to enter your name in the Display name: and then click Next.
    4. Enter your full Gmail email address in the Email address: and then click on Next. Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'
    5. Enter pop.gmail.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server: field. Enter smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. Google Apps users, enter the server names provided; don't add your domain name in this step. And now click on next.
    6. Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') in the Account name: field. Enter your email password in the Password: field, and click Next. And now click on finish. And then Highlight pop.gmail.com under Account, and click Properties.
    7. In properties click the Advanced tab.
    8.Now fill the required information
    > Check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL) under Outgoing Mail (SMTP).
    > Enter 465 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP): field.
    > Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
    > Under Incoming mail (POP3), check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL). The port will change to 995.
    9. After finishing that Return to the Servers tab, and check the box next to My server requires authentication. And click on OK.

Re: How to get Gmail Incoming and outgoing server

That is exactly what I was looking for, Thanks a ton, If you guys didn’t helped me out I wouldn’t able to use MS Outlook and Outlook express. I thought it’s a very easy process but it requires lots of steps to be done and settings, Firstly I thought that it’s just a ok>yes>finish kind of set up but I was wrong it’s not that easy. I want to thanks for giving me recommended settings too which will give me more secure network. Thanks guys.