Thread: Network Timeout error appeared with Logitech Harmony Remote Software

Network Timeout error appeared with Logitech Harmony Remote Software

It sounds similar to I am yet one more user with the similar problem. I keep receiving the "Network Timeout" error when demanding to access/update or modify my remote control set-up. I am utilizing the newest version of the software, recently re-installed to be extra in no doubt. I turned off all firewalls and antivirus programs before attempting any changes. I even tried accessing the software from two different computers, running two operating systems (XP and Mac) from two different places, through two different ISPs. And even trying to access two different accounts of remote user’s setup the same result every time! Whenever I can enter the "account", but as soon as you try to make changes or move more than 1-2 screens for any menu path I get the timeout message. To make matters worse, once I get this message I cannot restart the software remotely, without getting the "The network is not functioning properly" screen up. And yes, I can access other web pages, etc is just Logitech is giving me problems!

Re: Network Timeout error appeared with Logitech Harmony Remote Software

I have exactly the same issues trying to configure my Harmony remote. I tried something else too; I started a huge download and the bandwidth throttled reverse to 2Kb / s in Firefox. Then I started the Harmony remote software with the hope that the download running would block the IP address or something (I read about this trick somewhere). However, it still timed out. This whole situation is a little silly and crazy considering the price you pay for one of these remotes. Sorry I could not help but feel a little angry after half a day of pissing about with this thing; even I had inappropriate thoughts about my right to stick away in the nose of the lady who appears on the home screen. She knows, she knows! And his smile was mocking me!

I am based in New Zealand as well and have been trying to find work last night and tonight. No luck, tried XP + OSX, both configurations have worked in the past. Let me know I can post more information if necessary. When a manufacturer supplies a product that requires an Internet connection to work they need to ensure that their servers are robust. Not the earliest time Logitech maintain has let me behind. Please share your knowledge with me. Thank you.

I have the same problem on two different computers - a 3-year-old Windows XP Pro on a wired connection to my router, the other 9 months of age Win7 Pro 64b wireless. Seems to occur after 20 minutes or so, time is usually enough for me to get some settings / changes made, but still very upset and lost overtime, along with setting up my frustration. No web browser or software program accessing the Internet has done this. Must be a server difficulty from Logitech, excluding I have not had time to observe if I be capable of moderate the difficulty from my end.

I cannot install my Harmony 300 for the reason that I obtain a timeout when demanding to create a fresh account. It says it does expect my harmony.com for what it seems an eternity, and then gives me a timeout miscalculation. I used the new versions of Safari, Firefox and even Chrome. I installed the most up-to-date Silverlight plugins. I opened every browser in 32 bit mode if it is available. I'm in the latest version of Mac OS Snow Leopard. This is enormous.