Thread: Tweak Test Windows XP

Tweak Test Windows XP

I read the FAQ and the related thread about the test to modify hang after downloading the test data, and I'm totally lost. I am running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3, Firefox 03.06.1913, free ZA version 9.2.057.000. I'm on the mobile Internet through a router MBR900 CradlePoint with the latest firmware version 1.7.5 2010 23/11/2010. I understand I have to let my browser to access ports 8085 and 8086, but have no idea where to do this. I have tried to align the test with Zone Alarm and Windows Firewall off, and I have tested with IE 6 (yes, horribly out of date, but do not use it so have not updated), and it still hangs. Any help for someone who was behind the times and has not yet reached?

Re: Tweak Test Windows XP

After clicking the Start button it says it is for the discharge of bytes (one MB), and the router shows the discharge activity. After that, nothing happens. The results button remains gray, and if additional information is presented in the window. I attempted altering the security settings on the router, configure ZA to not start at boot (and reboot), tried to make the rules in the router, and even put the computer in the DMZ. At one point, I knew a lot and probably could have imagined, but I'm about 3 years back in time, which could well be a hundred.

I can run the tester fits. This is what I have:
    1. I'm in Windows 7 x64 IE9 (Beta)
    2. Both the 8085 and 8086 ports are not unlock. You can analysis your ports by means of this tool.
    3. In Windows Firewall, no rules (input and output) to permit or chunk anything on ports 8085 and 8086.
    4. Microsoft Security Essentials is the security. There is no option to permit the ports to avoid it.
    5. I have a WRT54G router functioning tomato. Somewhere there is an option to allow access to ports 8085 and 8086. I have looked for hours trying to find where the environment is, I cannot find it. No ports are moving apart from Skype. There is nothing in the DMZ. The only place I've found where you can be is in the routing table.
    6. What I suggest is take it into small pieces. If you have a router, the router out of the mix and see if it works. If so, we now know it is routing environment that is blocking these ports.
    7. If not, then there is still something blocking the ports on the PC. Closing a potential blocker at a time and test.

Modem is an option icon 452 "Globetrotter" HSUPA (do not know what that means) with a SIM card, configured to connect to 3G. Is connected to the USB modem router port. Is a CradlePoint Router MBR900 with firmware version 1.7 installed (latest version). It is a cable / wireless router prepared for mobile internet and cable, with 4 Ethernet ports. My computer is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable. As far as I know, is a basic modem - computer configuration>, only with a mobile USB modem instead of a cable box -> router. It was all plug-n-play. If you require more precise information, please let me know and I will excavate.

So you can pull the router and still connect to the Internet? I took my router and connected directly to the modem and ran the pinch test. It worked very well. There's something in my firewall that is allowing the two to open port. Checked the Firewall rules and could not find any rule that allows two or open port. So how can the performance of the test? I met the pinch test and then had a command prompt running netstat-n. The two ports are open, but where? I leave the pinch test alone will not hit the button results. Now I found a netstat-b. IE9 was allowing the ports to open.

1. The command netstat-n exhibits all the local ports in exercise and what was the IP address and port you wish to open. The netstat-b shows the ports in netstat-n and what procedure is running to open the ports.
    2. In the netstat effects you are seeming for is in the middle column are the two ports used by the Tweak Tester (8085 and 8086).
    3. As you can see only one (8086) is there. Which says that the port is open, but 8085 is not there. Therefore, it is possible that the router is blocking the port or a firewall / something is blocking the port.
    4. The additional things which I see are that the port 8086 is in the last two times. As well, the loopback address 127.0.0.1 is the list. 127.0.0.1 Means that the PC just listens on the loopback line. External devices cannot connect to it. Software can connect to it locally on a single PC.
    5. The 192.168.0.197: xxxx is the router.
    6. In the netstat-b, port 8086 is open Firefox. So only one port that uses the pinch tester set. That is why it is not working.