Thread: How to uninstall CleanThis Antivirus

How to uninstall CleanThis Antivirus

My brother has by mistakenly installed a fake antivirus program called CleanThis. My brother got a link in facebook account and from that link he has downloaded and installed this fake antivirus program. After knowing it is as fake I went to uninstall it from my computer but I was unsuccessful. No matter what I do it just doesn’t allow me to uninstall from the system. I have tried by booting in Safe mode. I have updated antivirus program but none of them helped me at all. Does anybody know how to get rid of this from the system?

Re: How to uninstall CleanThis Antivirus

Several web browsers and the Windows Task manager release the scanning tool named Clean This; The fake software loads itself inside the Shell ahead reboot. I had a application called GOG.exe inside the subsequent directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data . if you have a shortcut on your desktop then it will help you to get the location of the exe file. If install and run Procmon, you can discover the rogue process through that tool
    • Stripe the NTFS Security from the file via eliminating Inheritable privileges
    • Open Reg Editor and find: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    • Erase the string value named Shell
    • Go to the command prompt, and make use of taskkill command to end GOG.exe process; you might have to do again the command further than one time
    • Now forcely restart the system.

CleanThis is a forged antivirus app that declared to be a Microsoft creation and needs to obtain you to advance to the complete edition with the purpose of eliminate the intimidation which do not yet exist on your PC. It continually shows false security cautions and pop-up windows prompting that your PC is contaminated with hateful software. For this issue the snaz2000 advice is fine, you simply have to erase gog.exe and remove Shell value statistics and the CleanThis malware won’t open any longer.

CleanThis situates for the fake anti-malware utility that is being increase using Fake Microsoft Security Essentials aware. It must be then stated that once this nuisance infiltrates your computer it will explain a false Microsoft Security Essentials aware that states that it has recognized a few unidentified Win32/Trojan on your computer. It will afterward oblige you to scan your computers, which will ahead its extinction state that your PC is infected by Trojan.Horse.Win32.PAV.64.a and that it will configure CleanThis to throw away the virus. For this you have to get a separate Trojan remover tool to get rid of that fake antivirus.

To remove CleanThis antivirus
    • Restart your laptop and prior to it releases Windows, begin pressing “F8” key. Underline “Safe Mode with Networking” and push ENTER.
    • Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to found Task Manager. Make sure for the processes of CleanThis and end them.
    • . If the display turns black, attempt releasing explorer.exe from Windows task manager.
    • If you can’t execute CleanThis process, Attempt rebooting safe mode, do again above steps and search/erase for files you have closed. After that Reboot into safe mode through networking and carry on.
    • Open Internet Explorer, pick Tools menu and then choose Internet Options.
    • Select a Connections tab and afterward on top of the LAN Settings. Uncheck the box named “Use a proxy server for your LAN” beneath the Proxy Server segment and push OK.
    • Get Spyware Doctor and scan the whole system. Remove files recognized like infected.

In my opinion it would be better if you re-install the Windows. No matter what step you carry out to take out the CleanThis fake antivirus program, some of the infected files or the several registry entries will remain unchanged. These will not recognized by any of the antivirus program. They might not do anything but they will remain idle until it gets a chance to harm your system and spread its infection. So my recommendation is to bring a complete format of the system and re-install the Windows OS.