Thread: Failed to make connection by Primary DNS Server

Failed to make connection by Primary DNS Server

I have bought the Linksys E3000 Router. I have attached it up to the PS3, laptop, idevice as well as two company laptops on time by means of no issues. On the further side, my wife’s tablet is not able to link to internet. It is able to connect to wireless network easily but it is not able to connect to the internet. I remain getting the same error "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server". Laptop is having the Windows Vista SP 2 installed on that. I did a little setting which was given in the Vista troubleshooting guide and as well within Windows help. There were in fact 3 solutions but that all were just waste of time. It will be really great if anyone of you can provide me the solution for this.

Re: Failed to make connection by Primary DNS Server

As far as I recognize that in Windows vista TCP Window Scaling have been activated as a result for default. If the router that does not put up with this attribute, it can be the cause of unintentional DNS with link errors. This is a recurrent reason of vista controlled connection errors. Other obsession is the Windows Vista activated a TCP Window Scaling penchant through default. For the common computer this is an outstanding fixation. Other than this if the router does not tolerate this then it can problem many connections that are bond on the network. This departure will reason to fall packets as well as controlled connection in frequent conditions.

DNS or Domain Name System is used to allow the use easy to remember URL instead of a series of seemingly unrelated issues such as 206.82.202.46 and your laptop can not communicate with primary DNS server that is the equipment used to translate or find one another. Network diagnostics ping the remote host but did not receive a response. PING (Packet Internet Groper) is a testing tool to verify communications - to send a ping request and expect a response - so the network diagnostic on your laptop sent a ping request to the remote host (in this case the primary DNS server) and a response was not received. Most likely, your wireless Internet connection is misconfigured or not fully functional. It can be connected and have the incorrect address for the DNS server which would not be able to communicate with that server.

After reading your post, it appears that your modem is handing out dhcp to the local boot device, router included. Is there a setting in the modem to switch to "bridge" mode instead of routing? In this way the router will grab the WAN IP from your provider. Local boot devices then receive dhcp through your router. I wish that this will help you to resolve the problem.

I am also having similar problem and I tried to change the modem to the Ethernet Bridge but I get absolutely no internet service, even just with the computer and the modem if I do that. Internet light on the modem does not light or when you change the settings to an Ethernet bridge. However, the light in the Internet router lights. Using PPPoE on the Ethernet bridge router and modem, I was able to get the router to communicate online and get IP address and other things from the modem, but Internet service. Please help. It seems that you must have the PPPoE modem to get Internet service at all. To make matters worse, I cannot imagine how I jerry-rigged everything to get to the Internet through the router when the modem is in PPPoE mode.

To start dependency services, follow these steps: a. Click Start and type services.msc in the search field. b. In the services panel, the services of "DHCP Client" and "DNS Client." c. Right click on the service and click Properties. d. Click dependencies tab and check if the service dependencies. e. Locate the service again in the Services Panel.