Thread: How to connect WPA2 security protocol with my laptop

How to connect WPA2 security protocol with my laptop

Hi, I am facing some problem in connecting to the WiFi networking in the college of mine with the help of my Dell laptop, as I asked the professor that why I am not getting connecting to the network, he said that because of the WPA2 security protocol is been used in the wifi and it is not possible to connect in a normal way, so I just wanted to know if there is any of the way that will help me in connecting to the Wifi setting of the college having such security protocol present in it, please help me in these as it is very important for me to do that. The operating system that is been in the laptop is windows xp service pack 3.

Re: How to connect WPA2 security protocol with my laptop

I am also facing this in of the problem for the connection to the network, the main problem is that I use the laptop in the work place and at home also, but when I connect the laptop to the home network I am not able to do that, I have to restart the modem and the router that is present at my place. The error message that I get is ‘This connection has limited or no connectivity’ the problem has been occurring when we change from WEP to WPA2 which is present in the office of mine, the laptop that are present do support the networking protocol, I can say that as after restarting the modem, and the router the problem is not present in the laptop, I don’t know that what to do now please help me in this problem.

As you have changed the network protocol from your office one to the home one , that is I think is creating the problem in the laptop, it is unable to understand that which of the security protocol is been using by you, so once when you restart the whole device , it will get clear and all the setting will be back to the normal home network setting, it happens to some people, you can say that it is a kind of a bug present in it. As I think that it is on WPA2 so try changing back to WEP and see that how it works at that point.

Hey, I just changed the setting back to WEP, as I have done this so now I am not able to connect to wireless connection now, but right now I am using WAN as I have to submit the post, but what I see is that my wireless network shows "Security-enabled wireless network”. When I tried to connect in it, it also did not ask any of the passwords. But after sometime, it shows "Not connected". But when I saw the detail information in the "Wireless Network Connection" it was showing "You are currently connected to this network. To disconnect form this network, click Disconnect”. Tried restarting the modem and the router, but didn’t help me in any of the term, so then I then restarted my laptop, but n use. But as I changed back to WPA2, the connection started working. But as I change back to WEP, the same problem starts in it.

Try to remove all the profiles that are present in the laptop of yours this should be done as it is recognizing some other profile which it shouldn’t do, so after you removing all the profiles that are present search for the network that are present in the profile of yours, I think that the problem is in the WPA keys which is been recognizing by the Laptop and it is trying to use them, so better remove the connection and try to enter the WEP keys when it will prompt you to do that.