Thread: Linksys router failed to upgrade firmware version

Linksys router failed to upgrade firmware version

Recently for getting low speed in internet connection in my dell latitude laptop, I decided to upgrade the router driver firmware version , but during that I was getting a error message on failed to perform this operation. I can’t understand why this is happening with me, though it does not giving any such other notification. Anyone having any idea on this? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Linksys router failed to upgrade firmware version

I think this is happening for the other hardware device driver, which are installed in your system, for this I recommend you to check whether there is any hardware device driver is installed or removed in recent days, then the stored files of that hardware driver is causing this issue, so in that case run the hard drive cleaning process, this will remove those files from your hard drive, I hope this will might be somehow help you to resolve this issue.

The problem that you mentioned in your post, is might be occurring for the automatic update option, I recommend you to download the driver update version manually by visit to the manufacturer web site nod then burn this one into a blank disc, now open device manager and then from the network tab, right click on the device driver, it will direct you to locate the installer file, browse and select the installation process, I hope in this way, you will be able to perform the update process.

Download the updated version from the web site and save it into your hard drive, now run the fresh installation process, at the beginning of the process it will ask you to remove the earlier version, remove that and then follow the onscreen instructions to perform the fresh installation. This is another way to update the router driver version, I hope this process will works n ad you will able to fulfill the requirement with this technique.

I am here with a problem with the Linksys wireless router, this is also not responding properly with my home shared network, though after getting this problem I tried to upgrade the firmware version, but every time whenever I tried to perform the update operation it flashes that not able to connect with the server, I also tried to download the update file manually, but there I also getting similar issue. Is this occurring for the manufacturer web site or any other issue, any idea on this problem?

Try again to download the update file; there might be any issue with the server in a particular time interval. Though this was also encountered with me, when I was tried to upgrade the firmware version, after that when I tried on second time I was able to update the firmware version. So try second time if there is any issue with the manufacturer web site server then you might be able to do this on second time. This is termed as the general issue with almost all of the manufacturer web site.