Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-03-2011

Windows media player 11 receiving UPnP streams on Twonky Media Server

I am using the Windows Vista Ultimate X64 and i have installed windows media player 11 as DLNA client on my system. I am also running NAS running Twonky 4.4.1. I have some issue in the WMP 11. When i open the WMP 11 then it only sees the media server about 50% of the time, and when I go, I find an error of about 5 seconds later and it turns off. Within those 5 seconds I can see album covers and summaries of television beginning to emerge, but of course everything stops with an error. In addition, I created Twonky to identify my user in Windows Media Player. I guess this may be a driver issue, but I'm not sure. So can anyone please help.
Old 29-03-2011

Re: Windows media player 11 receiving UPnP streams on Twonky Media Server

Have you checked whether it is not a driver problem, if so, then you will need to update your driver to solve this issue. So, to do that, click on Start button and after that choose Control Panel. Now you need to select the System and Maintenance option and then choose Device Manager. Under this, you need to select your proper device and after that click on driver device and then driver tab and click on the driver to choose the option to update it. After updating the driver can you recheck if the issues persists or not?
Old 29-03-2011

I think that if you use the 32bit version of Windows Media Player then you might be able to fix this issue. So click on Start and choose Computer. After that open the Local Disk C: and then open Programs files x86. Now you will able to see the Windows Media Player there. This wmplayer.exe might be 32 bit only and hence you can try to right click on it and pin it to Start Menu for easy access. I have read that if you choose to use the 32bit version then it will solve a lot of codec and compatibility problems in your pc.
Old 01-04-2011

If still the above solution doesnt work then go into Admin Menu and choose Network Shares. Now you have to choose your share and set Guest to Read only and then click on Close. After this, you need to go into Twonky and on the Maintenance Menu simply reboot the server. After a minute you will get to the folders. If it is not able to find the shared folder then you will have to restart your PC. You will also need to ensure that Upnp is runnung with all of its dependencies.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,