Thread: Netgear wifi router does not provide access with username and password

Netgear wifi router does not provide access with username and password

I recently purchase a netgear wireless router for my dell inspiron laptop, which is running with the windows vista. I am not able to connect the system with this router through the Ethernet cable, it requires username, password and logon domain, though before that I was suing the Broadcom wireless router, this was not required for this earlier. Now this is occurring with me, nay suggestion for me to resolve this issue with the newly purchased router? Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Netgear wifi router does not provide access with username and password

As per my knowledge the network connection that you are using is password authentication, if ye then be sure that you enter the correct password and user name in to the desire field, I was also facing relevant issue when i tried to connect my windows XP system with the wireless network, after that when I searched on this I found the error message appears into the screen for enter fault user name and password.

According to me the problem that you mentioned in your post, I recommend you to start you system with safe mode with networking mode, if this similar issue is occurred then, I think this is occurring for the router configuration, though there is required for the router configuration. Make sure that the router is properly configured with the network connectivity. I hope there you will surely get some information about this problem.

I am also facing a problem with this netgear wireless router, which is running with the windows 7 ultimate OS, the problem sir that after upgrade some of the windows file the router stopper working, every time it requires the user and password for authenticate with the network, though there is no password authenticated with the network. Along with also there is a problem with eth network connectivity, I tried with the other network, and there it happens another problem. It shows the network but did not able to connect with the selected network. What should be the cause of this problem? Any idea on this issue?

I think this is occurring for the router driver, I would like to recommend you to update the router software, though this might not be the actual cause of this, but this can be helped you greatly. Open device manager and then right click on the device driver name and choose the software update option, it will collect the information about the updated version of the respective hardware device and will direct you to load into your system. Replace with the existing one and look whether the problem is still occurring or not.

I also think that the problem is occurring for the router driver that you are suing in your system, and for this after update software version if still the problem persists, then I suggest you to reload the router driver, for that download the latest driver from manufacturer web site and replace with the earliest one that you are using, in most of the cases I found the router related problem are mainly caused for the driver, and by this process these can be resolved. So I hope this will also may be help you to overcome from the problem.