Thread: The NNTP service is temporarily suspended

The NNTP service is temporarily suspended

Hello to all users NNTP, Recently, we experienced some stability problems in the forum linked to the bridge NNTP and web services it uses. For the moment the web service has been disabled until we are able to study further the problems and develop solutions. So, there is no need to report errors from the bridge until this issue is resolved. We will keep you updated here. Thank you for your patience.

Re: The NNTP service is temporarily suspended

Personally, never used. You no ... on the other hand, despite what you may think the service in question has caused an overload on the backend SQLserver which in turn was the cause for suspension (Temporarily, thankfully) NNTP access (or rather, through webservices), which is saying something, given that, to make it very quick means that there's a lot of people, the web interface the forums would prefer a more "normal" client.

All perfectly ok! In fact, why insist? So regarding this issue whatever I got from the website after searching a lot I have just put it here. But related to it I am not able to get any proper solution. So if you guys have any suggestion which will be more useful for others then please share it as soon as ti is possible for you guys. I just want to thank you guys in advance. And yeah i also want to tel lyou guys that on the many forum site the solution which is given by the many user they all are just crap.

• So you can start service, the NNTP stop or pause
    • On the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Component Services.
    • Box, click Component Services, click Services (Local).
    • In the details pane, right-click on Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP), and then click Start, stop or pause.

To shut down properly the NNTP service

• Proceed according to the previous method to stop the NNTP service. This option prevents new connections.
    • Check for each NNTP virtual server, if there are current users. Expand the IIS Manager, the NNTP virtual server, and then click Current Sessions. It lists all current users.
    • To new article by providing the current user to block, click the Settings (NNTP tab) settings, and then clear the check box contributions from clients publish.
    • End each NNTP virtual server after all current users have disconnected.
    • Then stop the NNTP service.