Thread: DSL connection would be affected if the phone filters were installed improperly

DSL connection would be affected if the phone filters were installed improperly

I was speculating if a DSL connection would be influenced if the telephone filters were installed rudely. I presently helped my uncle solve his internet link and it appeared like the difficulty was because the telephone filters were installed wrongly. His internet link was not working for the last four days, so I make a decision to verify the telephone filters and they were installed incorrect. So I set them and the internet started working. The thing that puzzles me was that the telephone filters were installed wrongly way previous to this difficulty. I did not install them; I am presuming it was my uncle. But, the DSL link was working still though the telephone filters were installed wrongly.

Re: DSL connection would be affected if the phone filters were installed improperly

A DSL filter is a little piece of tools that is used to decrease telephone line sound at what time using a DSL to attach to the Internet. One of the mainly general mistakes made what time set up DSL filters on your own is to place a filter on the telephone line that is leading to your DSL. Not only will this will result in decreased DSL speeds and reduced phone call quality, but it may even stop you from connecting to the Internet in total. DSL filters are only required only telephone lines that guide to other tools like telephone, and fax machines and answering machines.

Re: DSL connection would be affected if the phone filters were installed improperly

I am having the similar problem, but it is only at what time I try using the telephone at the same time. I just verified the entire telephone filters, replaced the central jack that I use as it looked burned out, and detached the one in my sister's room since it had been painted over and even within it a slight. The difficulty still persists. Now I am not able to solve this problem. So, if anyone has any simple suggestion for this problem, so please provide me.

Set up latest filters, if you have single phone line and more than a few telephones; confirm you have place filters all over the place, for the reason that if (for example) you have two telephones on a same line and single filter at one phone it will cause troubles either with the Dsl or Pots. So, if you are using two phones then use two filters also, if three phones then three filter. This is a simple way to reduce the problem. Try it then post your result and see. I hope it will solve your problem.

The entire telephone tools something like telephones, answering equipment, home security systems; fax machinery, dial-up modems and so forth require a filter. Be confident you do not set a filter on the line that goes to your DSL modem, on the other hand, as this will cause troubles. That is the way my DSL has been hooked up because I have had it. Through a filter on the modem line that is. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem.

I also agree with the above post, if you can solve your problem with this technique then it will better for you. Otherwise you have one more alternative and that is, you have to make contact with the phone technician. I had the similar kind of problem and I called him to solve this problem. When he came my home that time I was not present at my house. But they called me and I talk him on the cell and they solved my problem. So you can go for this option. Hope it helps.