Thread: Is router making slow the Internet speed?

Is router making slow the Internet speed?

The majority of the time my Internet connection is slow, and for a moment it is not.If I put my laptop off for the nighttime, the next day my internet work slow or we can say that connection will be time consuming for many time. Sometimes there are random slowdowns. I did a speed examination on speedtest.net. in the course of my router (TP-Link), the connection speed was 0.50 mb/s. in the course of the modem, the connection speed was close to 5.0 mb/s...like it's supposed to be. Can someone help me about this.

Re: Is router making slow the Internet speed?

You not mentioned here the model of your TP-Link. And one question I have for you and that is. Are you placing the router next to the modem? If yes , then may be possible it causes the problem. I had the same problem with my desktop computer and I concerned to my one best friend about this problem then he suggested to me about this problem and as per his suggestion I set my router a few feet away from my modem, now it working great. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem.

First, at what time you go around the router and go directly to the modem I am presuming you are plugging in an ethernet wire. Have you connected the ethernet to the router? (At that time people with disabilities without cable) Is it fast? Also remove all the security (temporarily) and try to connect. Is it much faster? What kind of security is used? What type of wireless network you have, b, g, n? It is the router configuration for such a network? What is the intensity of the signal to the router? Are you connecting to the right of the wireless network right?

This difficulty may happen due to main server from which you receiving services to access. There might be network issue or it is jammed because of some technical difficulty. To solve this difficulty just call your technician who accurately solve this difficulty. He has information about this difficulty and might fix this type of condition. Just call the technician and permit him to observe that error, he will discover the solution and you get increase to your service.

Some instructions, make sure the router is running the newest firmware. Try physically setting the MTU on the router, 1500 for wire. Stay away from using a router if the ISP supplied modem also has a router built in. you end up twice NAT'ing. If you require making use of your own router, put out of action the router in the ISP supplied gateway machine. Use the modem simply in bridged mode. This is most general for DSL than for wire though. Running any p2p programs? They tend to bog down nearly all house grade routers among their high amount of parallel connections.

Grand Council. I was looking through the MTU and other improvements, but that the work done. I have a wireless broadband modem (comes into the home without wires) connected to a wireless router (WiFi) (Belkin). They were next to each other in the center of the house. Modem had tough signal and was speedy but not fast sufficient. I moved the modem and wireless router Apart 2.5 feet and bum! Has almost doubled my speed. It could have been twice since the interference affects the network to and my wireless network so much.