Thread: Difficulty with Comcast Business Gateway Domain Name

Difficulty with Comcast Business Gateway Domain Name

I have a new modem known as Comcast SMC. Having a server and Netgear router connected directly to the modem. Have port forwarding through the port 80 set on the modem on the server. If I be capable of access the domain name connected with the latest external static IP address outside our network for example through my phone, the whole thing works excellent. If I can access the domain name through our network, I have the input interface gateway business. Level 2 Technical Support said there is no way around this. They said the modem does not allow the call to go out, then inland. Is there any method to fix this difficulty?

Re: Difficulty with Comcast Business Gateway Domain Name

Is it doing one to one mapping of the static IP address used for the Netgear router? And your server is at the back of the Netgear router? Or is the Netgear router WAN uplink port SMC to "obtain auto" locate? The feature you are talking about is loopback. Not sure if the SMC supports it or not, I would be surprised it does not, but I'm not departing all the way through your Netgear or not in a dual configuration NAT'd. I usually try to avoid this.

Hello thank you for your quick response on my query. According to your question I am not doing one to one mapping of my static IP to the Netgear router. And even my server is not at the back the router. It is straightforwardly linked to the modem. I try to find about this on internet but unable to find sufficient information on this query. Please help me I am out of ideas now. If someone knows anything related to this then please share your knowledge with us, thank you.

I have the similar difficulty with Comcast Business Gateway. I used the sub domain web page which is assigned to companies 75.144.xxx.xxx Comcast IP Gateway Internet. And business gateway Comcast page by setting, I got a computer hosting my website on the demilitarized zone (DMZ) port. I can access the web site for the domain when using the network outside the office. Other than, when using the network at the office, and trying to access the subdomain website for all time demonstrates the login page of Comcast Business Gateway. I can only use the address to access particular web page in the office. Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Apparently, the SMC gateway provided is not compatible with loop. Every customer that Comcast has set, I have my own router in place behind the SMC, mapping on the static IP specified to your account to the WAN interface of your individual router. Fundamentally, the SMC is making use of as a modem in this state of affairs. I hope now you are clear with your doubt if you find some interesting solution then please distribute your experience with us thank you.

I have the similar trouble! Notice I run following logic Webmail for my hosting clients, and the difficulty is I have later than logic on the web server, and postfix on the mail server at the back of the business access. So now that both are behind the gateway and the gateway is not compatible with loop every time a client tries to access your webmail, you receive an error that the server my site was denied their relationship. When you examine the records, I realized that the application was on my server, but the feedback loop from the web server to the mail server application is not beyond the business gateway to Comcast! Please help!