Thread: Is it possible to connect a Vonage adapter to my router ports?

Is it possible to connect a Vonage adapter to my router ports?

I have a Nexland ISB Soho router in the company of DHCP disabled. I can allocate static IP addresses to every of the computers in my network. I wish for to connect the Vonage adapter into one of the free ports on the router. When I connect a PC, I can organize a static IP address in the choice of 192,168 to all of the two PCs associated to my router, but how I can allocate a static IP address for the Vonage adapter? I be acquainted with it can directly connect the Vonage adapter to the cable modem and connect the router Newland Ethernet port on the Vonage adapter, but do not want the configuration. I just wish for the Vonage adapter to be like an additional computer associated to my home network. Is this achievable?

Re: Is it possible to connect a Vonage adapter to my router ports?

Hello I was facing similar kind of problem but I solve this try this with your settings. I detached one of my computers from my router Newland; modify network settings from my PC to recognize a DHCP address and Ethernet port attach to the Vonage adapter. Then I went to the v-configure.com web user interface adapter Vonage and change to static IP, and locate a static IP address 192.168.0.25 to it. Then plug the adapter into an available port on your router, change the computer to a static IP address and associated reverse to the router. Vonage phone at the moment works fine. I did not do several port forwarding.

I do not make use of Vonage, but they have an additional VoIP service with similar procedures. They make available a Linksys adapter and usually recommend placing in front of the router. I have it connected to one of the ports on my router that is configured to enable DHCP. The VoIP adapter has a static IP address 192.168.7.1, which is a dissimilar choice of my router. Conversely, it also contains a dynamic IP from the router that can be used to access the VoIP adapter at any time. The PC, you can moreover have a static or dynamic IP address - your choice.

Facilitate DHCP on the router. Even if you have static IP addresses behind the router nodes can leave the DHCP service enabled. Just assign static IP addresses the DHCP range. Let's say the router is 192.168.1.1 and DHCP is normally set to deliver the address 192.168.1.100 and up. That keeps the 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.99 to the static range. Besides the Internet port of your Vonage box keen on a LAN port of router. Do not require port onward. The box itself is a Vonage router. But not at all double NAT, so never make use of the LAN side of the Vonage units.

I do not be acquainted with that I can enable DHCP and static IP addresses are also in my router, at the same time. This is good advice that will undoubtedly be useful to me in similar situations in the future. Anyway, I've turned off DHCP on the Vonage adapter via the configuration interface and assigned it a static IP address and it works great. The only reason to always use the LAN side of the Vonage adapter is when you need to use the V configure.com web interface to configure the adapter. Once done, you can cut off from the LAN.