Thread: Unable to share printer on multiple computers.

Unable to share printer on multiple computers.

I have a MP 620 multifunction printer connected via USB on a desktop PC running XP SP3, which itself is connected to the SFR BOX Ethernet cable. My son a laptop under Seven family that is as the case is connected and recognized by Box wifi SFR is connected and recognized by PLC. My wife has a laptop running XP SP3 only wifi connected and recognized by the SFR BOX. The purpose of this post is to know how to make each other connected PCs can also be printed both in cable mode, only wifi, or that CPL?

Re: Unable to share printer on multiple computers.

If you connect it via USB on SFRbox you will lose the scanner function. Since it has a WiFi network interface must connect to the LAN. Here you can print or scan from any computer. If it has a control panel should allow you to assign an IP address and to indicate the encryption key for your wireless network. Otherwise, while it is plugged into USB on one machine you should have a utility to enter these settings.

Connect the printer to the wireless LAN. I selected manually from the panel of the printer CTRL mode enabled Wi-Fi. Download the utility's website to install the Canon printer in WiFi mode, during installation I was asked to perform various manipulations to achieve the goal on this fixed the WiFi works. But during the installation procedure I created an extra drive on my workstation drive Z: and who is now entitled "canon_memory to Z: . I hope this information will be enough for you

This is also usually part of the functionality that disappear when you pass by the print server of SFRbox. This is not related to driver itself but the inability to manage the server protocols specific to each printer to transmit such data. Your control panel allows you the printer it just activate the Wifi or you can also do the setup. In this case you would need any utility. Attention to this IP address. To avoid any conflict must be chosen outside the range dedicated to the router's DHCP server.

Printer sharing on a printer connected to the computer, not a printer connected to a LAN that is Ethernet or WiFi. A network printer must be installed on each computer as a local printer port on standard TCP / IP. On this point the guide SFR is well done. The only difference is that you must specify that port for the IP address of the printer so it must be set beforehand. And since it's WiFi requires him to have entered the key crypatage used on your WiFi network. In the case of a multifunction printer there are more the problem of the scanner. Here it depends on the beast. I suppose a customer network scanner must also be installed. Maybe it is the same time you installed the printer. I just take a look at the online manual. Page 668 it says that network settings can be viewed and modified from the control panel. It also issues a manual installation but I have not found. Their software Canon Network Setup and Tool should solve all the problems of configuration.