Thread: How to find Microsoft Security Essentials icon on taskbar

How to find Microsoft Security Essentials icon on taskbar

I am having a Dell latitude laptop; this is running with windows 7 ultimate 64- bit system architecture. I basically use this system for internet access and also for the gaming purpose. I installed Microsoft Security Essentials for getting better protected from unknown threats from online and from the system internal services. But there is a problem with this application, the icon of Microsoft Security Essentials is not showing under the customized taskbar list, it is totally disappeared. What should be cause for this type of issue, any idea on this problem?

Re: How to find Microsoft Security Essentials icon on taskbar

If the icon is not appearing into the taskbar system tray list then drag and drop the icon into the quick launch list, add the shortcut of this program into the list. If the quick launch is not checked in your system then right click on task and from toolbar>>quick add this into the adjacent of start menu. Now open start menu and from the installed folder of this security tool, select and drag to the quick launch list. Now from inward you can easily access this one from the quick launch list.

Right click on taskbar, and then open the properties form that list, now click on taskbar tab and choose the unhide option from the bottom of the window, the option is looks like “Hide in active icons”, this will shows you the list of system tray and taskbar icons those are installed in your system. Then from the drop down list choose the security toll application and then start the process as you wish. I hope by his process you will surely get help regarding the problem that you mentioned in your post.

I am also facing relevant type of problem in my windows XP dell system, which is specified with Microsoft Security Essentials, the icons of this applications is sometimes vanishes from the taskbar, I checked under the customized list under the properties of taskbar, it checked with the proper option, but if I reboot the system then it appeared, and in next time it again vanishes. Why should this happening with me, though there is no change in the quick launch list. I can access the application from there. Any information regarding this shares me, will be helpful for me greatly.

As per my opinion I think this can be occurring or the malwarebyte, though I was also facing relevant issue with some of the installed application in my windows vista system, though at the beginning I did not encountered this problem but after when I searched on this issue, i found the virus can be caused for this, I scan the system with the updated antivirus program, and easily get relief from that. so I also like to recommend you to go for this process. run eth full scan process with an up to date antivirus program, if there is any virus affected your system then this will be detect by this and then you will surely overcome from the problem, try this.

I think the security toll is effected by any virus file, whereas I had relevant type of issue in just few weeks ago, at that time I was not able to execute the application from the start menu along with from the quick launch list, the icon of that was disappeared under system tray list. After that I was also tried to resolve this issue with different types of tricks, but nothing was helped me, then by one of my friends suggest I reload the application, during that I saw that some of the files are corrupted, for that few features were stooped working, so if you are still facing the similar kind of problem ten reload the application and process for a fresh loading, then again customize the application process under properties of taskbar.