Thread: DELL XPS 15 (L501X) and Retrofitting WWAN

DELL XPS 15 (L501X) and Retrofitting WWAN

I have ordered a new DELL XPS 15. I'm improving from a XPSM1530 that has given me two years of outstanding service. I am a software engineer field so my laptops end up in some highly volatile environments. Separately from having to glue and patch things back up (especially aluminum housing), with some pieces of the screen and be on my second battery, the 1530 is still going strong! The display of the tape has just in progress to make known what means they will have to go away, even though (or is retired to the pile of parts).

Re: DELL XPS 15 (L501X) and Retrofitting WWAN

Is there any possibility that someone with a WWAN L501X could pop the lid back and let me know if the WWAN slot is there and if the two wires are there prepared to connect the WWAN card? If not, I'll have to give Dell a toast! I've managed to find a couple of YouTube videos showing the back, but it is complicated to see if the cables and channel is there. Clearly, the 5520 might not work even if it is connected (I think I need the 5540), but worth a try.

I also have XPS L501X. I have read and thought 5540 was only compatible with the card to buy one off eBay, along with a pair of small antennas to try. Mount the game first and then the SIM card drivers and smooth - all working. Only real problem is that the signal might be improved to find the option of factory-mounted antennas, but cannot find all the links and suggestion on what to buy. I have only 2 or 3 bars on my mobile, but only one bar on the laptop which makes it viable here at home, but could be unreliable elsewhere. In addition to the GPS is not locked in so there need a better antenna. Anyone know if I can order parts from DELL knowing that the warranty is void if I open to install - hey I've been fixing laptops for many years

I have also windows 7 64 Pro notebook comes with 64 home windows 7 I've enhanced. The drivers are the Dell support website for my laptop as optional in the service tag. I'm still looking for a high-quality antenna, because the small domestic work not in anything good signal area - is in the sticks of course, do not count in this regard! I have not been able to block the small GPS antenna, but do not respond with NMEA data. At first I installed the driver, but the card does not respond at all when putting it later. Then remove and reinstall the driver and that triggered the whole thing in life (with the SIM card inserted).

Only recently ordered the XPS 15 L502X (newest model), but did not bother to get broadband mini-card for him. Later you can, and when I called my car to talk to someone (to ask questions as I ordered) that I want to mention one afternoon and told me I could not order one from Dell or go to my local service provider and would be responsible for obtaining and installing the card themselves. I guess this means that the hardware connections and the antenna is already installed as standard if you get really or not. As I said, I'm with Verizon for the card compatible with my system is 5620. I looked up that says it costs about $ 120 for the card. I have curiosity. if I were to get a card, that the work of GPS compatible software without activating the Verizon broadband? While having the right drivers for it installed and used GPS software that recognizes the card, I could use it like any other GPS navigation device from others?

At last got to talk to someone who knew what they were talking about Dell and confirmed that I had to buy a "kit" that include the back cover (behind the LCD screen) that comes with GPS and a 3G modem and like the Dell 5540 card. Besides, he needed an engineer to be recognizable to avoid the loss of warranty for me. In summary, costs £ 250. It's a bummer, as I have made a saving series machine, and that was for sale and then found a line is worth more, so this is over £ 250 from savings. I think I have a good case for the approach Dell for a refund, but this team was a takeover, not my money, cannot really even online chat transcript, where the guy says it should work.