Thread: how do i remove trojandownloader:java/openconnection.mu ?

how do i remove trojandownloader:java/openconnection.mu ?

This was found on my computer using Windows Live Onecare scanner, but that program couldn't get rid of it.
    My McAfee doesn't even find it.
    I've googled on how to remove it and find next to nothing except ads for buying more antivirus software. I've already got antivirus software so I don't see how adding more will help?
    My computer has been running slower and acting oddly so I'm pretty sure it is infected.
    I'm no computer expert, does anyone know if this can be removed and can anyone tell me directions on how to do so in as easy to understand directions as possible? I would be very grateful for any help!

Re: how do i remove trojandownloader:java/openconnection.mu ?

What you can do is restart your pc and boot into safe mode and then scan your system fully. You can also try to launch fgc32.exe and fgc64.exe file process and delete it manually to eradicate the virus. You also need to update your antivirus definitions to the latest so that it can pick up the viruses occured in your pc. For more information read here - How to remove TrojanDownloader.Java virus

Hello,
    I think I need further help.
    I rebooted in safe mode and ran a full system scan with McAfee- it found nothing.
    The 2 files that are mentioned as needing to be deleted are not coming up when I do a search for them on the computer. Would they be hidden somehow?
    I updated my antivirus yesterday and today before scanning and it still isn't finding it.
    The other link you posted suggested downloading F Secure anti virus, which is the software I just had before McAfee and that wasn't able to find the malware either (though I never scanned that one in safe mode.) The only scanner finding it is Windows Live Onecare, but that can't seem to fix it.
    Another site I checked out suggested using the remove program menu to delete any of the older java versions but the newest. I don't have any older versions on my computer, just the latest.

Any idea what I should do at this point? Am I missing something?
    Thank you for your help, this is really stumping me.

Ok, I ran yet another Microsoft Live Onecare scan and now it does not show up. I never had any of the scans say it caught and fixed anything, so I don't understand how it got removed or fixed. Is it possible its still on my computer, or can I assume its now gone and the computer is again safe? So confused :/

That has happened just due to updates. Sometime your antivirus fails to find virus in the system. This is because the trojan disguise in system files form which was then left by the antivirus. It is considered as a system files. Because of this it is always recommended that you must get the most latest antivirus update for that. Run updates at regular interval time.

I need a little more help if possible. My system is scanning clear in malwarebytes, McAfee and live onecare scanner, but is still acting oddly (slower than usual, or when I type in some places like hotmail or facebook, there is a lag between my typing and when it shows up on the screen. also my touchpad scrolling is acting up.) What do I do to fix whatever occurred? The malware seems to be gone, and my computer worked great before this all started, so I'm assuming the malware caused this. Do I need to do a system restore?

Well if you are willing to format the system again then why wasting time on it, I would suggest you that you should instantly carry out the process of the reformatting of the system as early as possible such that even if there is a little bit of a malware that has been left so with the formatting of the system each and every little of the malware that has been left will surely get deleted and you will be again be able to use the system effectively.