Thread: Macbook Pro not showing Windows 7 PC on network

Macbook Pro not showing Windows 7 PC on network

I am having a macbook pro laptop, this I basically suing for internet access and sometimes for home entertainment purpose. I was having a windows 7 compatible pc, which is currently using by my younger brother. I am here with a problem, which is occurring between the machines. I am not able to see the windows 7 system from macbook pro. Whereas I am able to see the macbook from windows 7. What should be the cause of this issue? Any idea on this. Is the problem is on the windows 7 or macbook pro?

Re: Macbook Pro not showing Windows 7 PC on network

As per my opinion, regarding this problem I would like to recommend you to check whether the IP address and other options to configure the systems are properly inserted or not. Though I was also having similar issue, after that when I searched on this, I found that the IP address that I was inserted was incorrect and for that that my system was unable to detect another system. Go through this, I hope this will help you. are you able to ping the windows 7 system from your macbook pro? Type and insert the IP address of your windows 7 system into the search command panel under start menu.

Though the windows 7 system is working properly with the other system, then it is clear that the problem is in the windows 7 system. For that I would like to recommend you to check the wireless wizard of your windows system under device manager, check the status of the router over there. Also you can try to confirm for this by try to connect with the other systems wireless wizard, if this also appear the same thing then proceed for hardware tricks.

As per my knowledge regarding these types of issue I also think that it is occurring for the wireless router driver, fro that I would like to suggest you to try once to overcome from this problem by reload the driver, open device manager and from there open network tab, now right click on the device driver and choose the update option, select advanced recommended option, it will directs you to locate the installed file from its desire location, browse and select the installed file, wait till the process completes and required for reboot your system. now again reconfigure the wireless wizard between the devices and then try to perform that task that you tried earlier.

Relevant issue I am facing in my system, from few days I am not able to connect my newly purchased windows 7 running dell latitude laptop with my office domain system, whenever I tried to connect my system, it does not detect any network, I also tried to connect my system with other wireless network there also similar thing happen. Is this happening for the system wireless wizard or for any fault in my system? I searched almost everywhere for the solution for this problem, and also applied few of them but nothing was helped me. I am hoping someone from here will surely help me to resolve this issue.

Is the system is very much far away from the wireless router that I situating in your office? Be sure that you system is sited under the range fro getting connect with the network. Along with also be sure that the system’s wireless wizard is also working fine. If nothing is helping you to resolve this issue, then I recommend you to upgrade the wireless router driver software version, open device manager and right click on the device driver and choose the online update option, it will collect the information about the updated firmware version and will direct you to install and replace with the existing one. Try this technique; I hope this process will surely help both of you.