Thread: Getting message while accessing shared file in Windows 7 "You do not have permission to access"

Getting message while accessing shared file in Windows 7 "You do not have permission to access"

I have Windows XP acer laptop that has a folder called named as techpedia. I have got access all the time in-between Windows XP machines. Now I have switched to Windows 7. Windows 7 machine is capable of seeing the Windows XP computer and see the shared file, but it always gives me the error "Windows cannot access \ \ Hollys-PC \ Intuit" You do not have permission to use rights of \ \ Hollys-PC \ \ Intuit. Make contact with your network administrator to request access. I've been after sharing script on both machines, but found no HomeGroup put in Windows 7. Please help.

Re: Getting message while accessing shared file in Windows 7 "You do not have permission to access"

The first thing you need to check in these cases that you do not set the restriction while accessing these files on network. Then right click on the file you do not have to access. Select the properties and see no such restrictions. Change the settings accordingly and save the changes. Here are the basics you need to check in cases like this. I hope this will help in any way.

Re: Getting message while accessing shared file in Windows 7 "You do not have permission to access"

The easiest technique for sharing files on a home network is to connect at homegroup. A homegroup is a cluster of computers to share files and yet the printers. Equipment must be installed in Windows 7 for help in a homegroup. By joining a homegroup then you must tell Windows folders which you have to share and which you want to keep confidential. Then Windows will run on the back of the stage to seal between the proper configurations. Other people cannot modify files that are shared unless you give your consent. It can also defend this homegroup through a password, which can change at any time. Homegroups are accessible in all version of Windows 7. Though, in the Home Basic as well as Starter editions, you are able to just connect a homegroup. They can just access files shared by additional computer. So this information which I got and I hope that it will help you.

Try to follow the steps to see if it can resolve the problem for you or not. I cannot say for sure that this resolves the problem but would not be a bad idea to try the following steps.

1. Allow the identification of the network.
    2. At this time enable file and printer sharing.
    3. Permit others to allow reading and writing files to the public folder to all users through the network access
    4. Use 128-bit encryption for protected connections for file sharing.
    5. Turn off sharing password isolated
    6. Permit Windows to run the house connections. This is recommended.

A homegroup help to connect computers to your home network so that you will be able to share the files. The homegroup is restricted by password, and you will for all time be able to choose what you share through the group. Creating otherwise joining a homegroup is the easiest way to share files on a network. Follow the steps below.
    1. First you open the HomeGroup. Tick on the Control Panel after ticking the start button. Type homegroup inside search box and then tick on HomeGroup.
    2. Tick Create now otherwise Join now and then go to the instructions that it provides you after that.

It is recommended that you make use of a group home for you to be able to share files and printers in the network to make it much easier to configure. File and printer sharing using homegroup does process that is divided into two parts. First, it is necessary to enable sharing. And the second thing you need to bring goods to share the topic itself, otherwise go to a public folder with the intention that the new people that can get the right to use.