Thread: virgin media internet connection does not work in my computer.

virgin media internet connection does not work in my computer.

Hello friends, I have been facing some weird in the virgin media cable connection. Since this problem was occurring frequently I happened to solve the problem, as I little knowledge about this and it works from time to time, before giving a call to the technical support people. Since my internet connection is in the form of cable connection, I have tried to unplug the cable for abound ten times a day and tried ti install the modem, but no use of it. I also tried to ping the two dns server that I had able to see so I thought that this problem was because of some dns server issue. Even tried the Virgin dns server, to manually insert into the net gear router but the problem remained the same. The Mac address that was showing was of the main computer and not of the net gear router.

Re: virgin media internet connection does not work in my computer.

Hi there, did you tried removing the DNS server and installing a new third party server which will help you to connect from the other way, when the address of the open DNS server is mainly inserted into the net gear router then it start taking the packets from there ,and it help you to connect to the internet. I had done this and it helps me to overcome the entire problem that was present. It may also be the issue of the faulty modem that are provided to you so that the connection may not been stable because of this. The virgin mobile people always say that the problem is been detected from your place or your system, but it mainly in the intermediate section where the entire problem occurs.

I too had the same problem and was very irritated with this people because they were always trying to tell that the problem occurs in the intermediate section where the problem was occurring and we are in the progress of solving the issues. I had even tried this, but I am not able to get through this, hop if you are facing the same problem then you can try with this thing. Firstly directly connect to the modem, and try to get the valid 80/81 address for it. After this try to enter the ip address 192.168.100.1, once you have found them try log in the modem with the username and the password “root”. From this stage try to navigate through the event log that are present and that will provide you all the guidance to solve the issue.

Hey dude, thanks a lot buddy the solution for the problem what you have provided above almost worked for me, but not in full fledge, I tried many thing to come out of this and when I use to restart the modem, it would provide a lot of errors that were present as a log in the modem, showing like it is a fresh errors. After this my open DNS and my modem was replaced by the technicians of the virgin media people. As they were not in the state of replacing the modem and the dns server it took me a hell out of time to convince them to do the following things. But finally my internet connection is working fine and all the connection right now is in stable mode.

Hello friends, since all the people her had some of the problem with the virgin media internet connection, you can challenge that some time it also provide a good service to the customer. Since I am using this service for around 6 months and I am not able to get through the other ADSL connection or some issue, the virgin media provide the speed which keep on fluctuating in such a way that there is no restriction in the download, but it would surely change the value of the downloading speed at a certain stage of time. As they have the policy of fair usage, this is a good policy when you compared with any of the fair usage policy if the service providers. But the only thing to worry is their way of charging the extra charges is a bit different, as in the bill they do not provide a proper definition of how is the bill is made, I feel the most useful way of getting in touch with this people is by the email.

Hello friends, before using virgin internet connection, I had an internet connection of blue yonder, as they were providing a good speed in the recent time, I was happy with them, but all of the sudden as they changed their plan and now the service what they are providing was not that good, so I switch to virgin as they were claiming to give a good services that the other. I thought to give it a try and did a great mistake of my life. The speed for sometime was exceptionally good, but as the time passed by the service was also falling with a great speed. Once in my organization the speed was so slow that it took almost an hour for the page to get loaded, as also they are charging some extra service which I think they are not providing me but they charge me with it. I am not decided to take them to court as they are the main factor for providing me some loss in my business.