Thread: All firewalls off, port still not open

All firewalls off, port still not open

Hi,

I´m trying to open a port so people can connect to a minecraft server i´m hosting. After looking up ways of opening ports i found how to do this in the advanced settings menu of the windows firewall. I also added an exception to my anti vir program. The server still couldn´t be accessed, however. I tried letting the program through and the single port on both TCP and UDP, still nothing. The firewall on my router is disabled and even if turned on it doesn´t have a menu where one can add exceptions.

I then checked if ports used by other programs are open. The one I checked was the one used by uTorrent. Set to random ports it opens the port correctly and closes the previous one.

Eventually i turned all firewalls off (Windows, Antivir and router) but still the port was closed.

I am clueless as what to do next.. and i'm hoping someone knows a solution

Re: All firewalls off, port still not open

I think that The server uses time.windows.com to sync itself. If your on your server and it is windows try right clicking the clock in the bottom right. Adjust Date/Time, Internet Time, Chance Settings, Update now. It could be that your clients clock is out of sync with the server or vice versa. Hopefully by doing this your problem might be solved.

I tried it, but it still doesn't work.

I found out that other computers on my network can join me, but people on the outside can't.

Have you downloaded the Minecraft_Server.exe file from the Minecraft multiplayer wiki page or downloaded custom server software elsewhere. After downloading any of the server follow the below method:

1.Configure the server by editing the server.properties (Use this link to see how it works). This file will be in the same folder as the Server.exe program. Windows may not recognize it, so tell it to open with any word processor (such as Notepad). The server should run fine from default properties.

2.Add your username to the admin.txt and/or op.txt (newer versions may not have an admin.txt file). Admin.txt allows you to execute server commands, and op privileges allows you to destroy/place blocks. Add the name exactly as it is. From the server gui, you can type "op <name>" and it will automatically update the op.txt file.

3.If your computer is connected to a router, open and forward the port that is set for use with the server (The default is 25565). For help with port forwarding, portforward.com is a good source, alternatively one can read the documentation supplied with the router, modem, or other ISP related hardware.

4.Verify the port is open and note your external IP by using a open port check tool.

More information can be found here.