Thread: My MSI Wind U100 is only been able to connect through the Ethernet

My MSI Wind U100 is only been able to connect through the Ethernet

Hello friends, I have an issue with the MSI Wind U100, the time I have purchased it I am using ubuntu netbook remix in it. Till today date all the thing in it is working fine and it is only causing only one problem, and it is a major one. The system is able to recognize the wireless card that is installed in it, but most of the application that is required to connect to the internet is not being able to connect to it. I even tried to connect another wireless network card, but they are not able to connect it. Hence due to this problem I am stuck using an Ethernet connection for the netbook. I went through many site, which are available but they are addressing the problem of the drivers which I am currently using. I just wanted to know is this the issue for not connecting to the internet or else there are something else also.

Re: My MSI Wind U100 is only been able to connect through the Ethernet

Hey, can you tell me the details like which version of the driver you are currently using in the netbook, also the details about the application that are not recognizing the internet connections, I know it will be a tedious job of putting all the application into it, but if you do not have that much time and patience at least try to tell me the version of the driver that you are using in the netbook. I think the main issue is regarding the drivers that you have installed in it, so it would be a great help for both of us to deal with this problem. Waiting for your reply soon as possible.

Hi there, the version that I am using is 8.10, and I have not yet done anything in it, should I go for downloading the same Drivers again from the internet and re installing it again or go for some higher version where this kind of the problem do not occurs. I was told by one of the friends that you can go for the installing of Synaptic Package drivers, this are easily available and easy to install in the netbook, I did it but again it was showing the same error which were before happening. Please help me because this is also not working now.

According to my estimation, the driver version 8.10 that you are currently using in the netbook is giving you the problem. I had been told by my friends that the driver that you are currently using is having some issues in connecting to the internet in the wireless mode, so the error which is been currently present is been removed in the higher version like 9.04, so if you can download this and install this in the netbook then it will clear the problem that you are facing, this will only happened if the problem is only in the drivers, and not in the hard ware.

I too was facing the same issue, so when I tried to connect the driver CD into the CD drive, it would provide me with some error and I was not able to go ahead in the installation process, the error was regarding the label of the disc that it was asking me to insert, weird one. So once when I had inserted the CD and went ahead in the procedure, it started giving me many errors which was unable to explain what it really meant. So I just aborted the process and stopped there only. Right now I am not able to do anything regarding this thing. Please help me for that.

One thing you can do is trying to install the drivers with the help of the USB; I am saying this because once if any of the files which are not present in the disc, then it will not help you so much. But once in the USB, you can see that the files that are not available, you can easily download and repair the drivers automatically without any of the harder method. Also you can go with the Jaunty daily build which is been a great drivers for many of the people who had some kind of the issues in the recent time. So just download them and just install them in the netbook, this will solve the issue that you are facing in it.