Thread: Windows 7 not recognizing my wireless G USB Adapter

Windows 7 not recognizing my wireless G USB Adapter

I am having a windows 7 compatible Dell inspiron one desktop PC, this was running fine with almost of its features and applications. I basically use the laptop for the internet access and sometimes for entertainment purpose like by watching movies and sometimes by playing games. I am having a wifi internet service at my home for and for this I am using Belkin G USB Adapter. And from last two days I am facing a problem with that USB wifi adapter, the system continuously flashes a pop up error message that “windows not recognizing the USB adaptor”. I am not a technical person for that I am not able to figure out the problem. Any suggestion for me to resolve this issue, will be appreciated greatly?

Re: Windows 7 not recognizing my wireless G USB Adapter

As per my opinion the problem is might be occurring for not proper connectivity made between the adapter and the system, I suggest you to check the connectivity, along with this also be sure that the adapter is responding correctly with the network service, ping to any other network and attached the adapter with that one and check whether this one is acting properly with that or not. Apart from that also check the adapter status form the device manager. I think by this information’s you will be able to figure out the actual problem that is happening in your system.

I was also facing relevant issue in my system, after that when I searched about the problem of the issue I found that the problem might be occurred for the USB port in your system. For that I recommend you check the USB port in your system by which you connect your adapter, the problem might also be there. Proceed to the device manager and form there checks the USB port is working properly. Try with the other port, a particular is also e the cause of the problem. I was also checked this, and by this I easily figure out the problem with adapter.

As per the problem that you posted here I recommend you to reload the adapter driver in your system, the problem might be occurring for the driver. Open device manager and from there open network tab, now first of all check the status of the adapter driver, if these you will not found any problem then go for any other solution, I am telling you this process because few months ago I was also facing similar issue , after that when I searched for this, I found this cause of the problem and simply proceed for the solution. Plug the adapter and run the adapter installation program, it will first ask you to remove the existing one, do this and then go for the fresh installation. I hope this will somehow help you to resolve this issue.

According to me the problem might also be occurring for the other hardware device, are all of the hardware device drivers are working fine? Though apart from that some of the adapters are stopped working if they are using form a long time in this case you need to either change this one or consult with the manufacturer service engineer, I think the maximum use of the wifi adapter is the cause of this problem and you need to go for either any one of the above mentioned option.

I am also facing a problem with the wireless adapter in my windows vista system. this is continuously flashing a error message regarding the connectivity in my desktop screen, but this connects some time without any error and after made the connection it simply disconnects and at that time flashes that the wireless adapter is stopped working, i tried with the above mentioned process, along with this also tried by some of the other tricks but nothing helps me. Now I am looking for another wifi adapter for my vista system. Is the anyone having any information about the USB wireless adapter? Any input will be appreciated greatly.

The Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adapter allows you to a quick and easy connection of desktop systems with a wireless network, without requiring the PC to be opened. The WG111 offers its small size and attractive design and is suitable for any USB-equipped PC running Windows version. It featured with WEP encryption with 64 and 128 bit to ensure the WG111 a high level of security. And with new antenna technology you will achieve even greater network strength. The setup is with quick and easy with Smart Wizard installation assistant. Few of the basic features are like, Standard Support IEEE 802.11b, Compatible with access points of the standard 802.11b and 802.11g, up to 54 Mbps data throughput, Software upgrade via Flash Memory, LED Wireless Activity indicators, Plug and Play installation etc. I recommend you to go for this USB adapter, this will surely impressed you with its advanced features.

I recommend you to go for the Cisco Linksys AE1000, this is featured with Wireless-N to your desktop also for notebook computers with Windows platform, Enjoy the flexibility of Wireless-N Dual Band adjustable; connect to a wireless 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, Set your AC with a few easy steps by using the Setup software interface, Use the USB extension cable and the base of the adapter to place it in a convenient location and improve wireless connectivity, Prevent others from using your network online using WPA or WPA2 encryption.