Thread: Error 80092004 for Windows Security Update (KB2416400)

Error 80092004 for Windows Security Update (KB2416400)

I have installed the Windows 7 Ultimate X64 operating system on my laptop and it was working normally till last day. I just applied for the Security Update for Windows (KB2416400) from the windows updates and I have came across an error that I don't understand at all. Yet I have not installed the Service pack 1, IE 8.0.7600.16385 and MSE.I have even installed the System Update Readiness. Does anybody has idea about this error while updating the security of windows os.

Re: Error 80092004 for Windows Security Update (KB2416400)

Getting help and support for this security update
    For home users, no-charge support 1-866-PCSAFETY calling in the U.S. and Canada or by get in touch with your local Microsoft subsidiary. For additional information regarding how to make contact with your local Microsoft subsidiary for support problem with security updates. For enterprise users, shore up for security updates is obtainable via your usual support contacts.

After you install this security update, you are prompted to install this security update again when scanning your system using Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). This problem can occur if you installed this security update, but you have not installed the update of 2,467,659. To resolute this problem, to approve the installation of the update in WSUS 2467659 or 2467659 to install the update from Windows Update, Microsoft Update or from the Microsoft Download Center.

• Server-side workaround
      To prevent this problem from the server side, the web site administrator can configure the website to use the following HTTP header:

Code:
    Content-Type: text/html;charset=iso-2022-jp
    • Client-side workarounds

Use one of the following methods in the client computer to avoid this problem:
      1. To avoid this problem while viewing the website, press F5 to refresh the page.
      2. Alternatively, you can delete the Iexplore.exe explore.exe DWORD registry entries and registry on the client computer to unlock the auto-detection of JIS.

Check if you can get few more tracks in an event log? Also finding a context for the code in the update records created or modified. By the way you disable all security programs before attempting to do this install? Only during installation and restart. You need not be connected to the Internet from any of these so you could avoid all those sources of interference for the update. Just to be sure, but it could activate the Windows firewall if you accidentally arrive networking out after starting.

What causes this and what I can do to install Vista SP1 Release Candidate. This problem only affects customers who previously installed the RC Preview (Build 17042 / v658). It is happening by a component that does not entirely uninstall when you uninstall the RC Preview, particularly if it was installed using Windows Update immediately. There are three stages to try to solve this problem. Initially, attempt to wait about an hour and try again. The built-in "TrustedInstaller" service can just be requisite to finish the uninstall process after rebooting. On sluggish machines may take a little longer. Simply waiting seems to solve the problem for the vast majority of computers.

If the waiting for it not working for you and still getting the same error message, or you may think for speeding up the process, try the following sequence.

(1) Ensure that all updates from Windows Update are installed except the Service Pack and reboot to make sure your computer is in a clean state.

(2) In the Start menu, point to All Programs, Accessories, find the "Command Prompt." Right click "Command Prompt" in the Start menu and select "Run as Administrator" and accept the UAC. This creates a command prompt with administrator privileges.

(3) Type "net stop TrustedInstaller" without quotes.

(4) Type "TrustedInstaller net start" without the quotes. Make sure it starts.

(5) Wait at least 30 minutes or one hour if possible.