Thread: Bitdefender 11 affecting my Broadband speed

Bitdefender 11 affecting my Broadband speed

Hi all, I have Bitdefender 11 on my computer. I do not have any issue from this, but since I installed it so I'm observing that the broadband speed is 0.7 megabits, and if I disable the Bitdefender 11 then the speed is more than 2 megabits. Can you tell me why I am getting like this speed? Now, when I have to download something from Internet, then I have to disable the Bitdefender 11. Please help me solve the problem with this. I will be grateful to all the answers on this topic.

Re: Bitdefender 11 affecting my Broadband speed

How are you testing the broadband speed? You have not mentioned anything regarding that. Anyway, if you want, then you are able to make use of speedtest.net and that's the best according to me. On the other hand, if you do not want to make use of then you are also able to make use of other Java-based test, as there are many obtainable online. All you have to do is look properly for the Internet and I'm sure he'll get it.

I would say that the Bitdefender 11works like a proxy and may be because of the same you are not able to get proper measurement from speedtest. So for an accurate speedtest then you will have to either disable that or exit it totally to obtain the exact result. Apart from this, you can try to download some large files from a fast server and see if that is what any difference in speed.

I'm taking a different view for the speedtest. As much I know about the speedtest so it is not reflecting the exact speed of the Internet. This is not just me who has though like this, but if you search it online, then you will get that many post as we are discussing the same topic. Never pay more attention to the speedtest. So you can see the test somewhere else on google.

I do not want to say much more regarding the same but if you want more information on the speed.net so you just see this link and read the discussion which is given over there. They have discussed about this and regarding the same I am quite sure that you will get better idea about it and it will help you in order to get rid from this matter. So just go for it and after that inform me over here.

I noticed that Bitdefender 11 affects the speed of the Internet and web pages load.
    Simple ways to check-
    1. Do a speedtest broadband with Bitdefender 11 activated. Consider the results.

2. Disable Bitdefender 11 and a speed test with the same server. Consider the results

Always use tools to analyze test results.