Thread: Can't boot safe mode after cleaning up malware

Can't boot safe mode after cleaning up malware

Hello friend I got a trouble regarding my computer. I get blue screen all the time, I attempt to boot windows XP. My computer does not even load in safe mode. It always hangs up at mup.sys. I have not added any new Hardware and software to my computer. I just installed malware detectors and cleaners, and new version Mc-fee. Once I have removed the Malware, I uninstalled malware software I reboot the system from them I am not able to boot my XP in safe mode. Initially Computer seemed to be normal, except was not able to boot into safe mode after cleanup. Any suggestion to get rid out of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Can't boot safe mode after cleaning up malware

Hello friend I read out your problem, you should first check safebootkey, If it found fine please try the thing given here. Please have Super Anti Spyware for free. Run SUPER Anti Spyware and choose the default settings for installation. After the installation an icon will be seenn on the desktop. Run this program be double clicking on this. Then click on repairs tab option. Then click on repair safeboot key button later you will be asked to reboot your system for changes to take place. Then allow to boot your system normally. Reboot computer and press F8 and choose Safe Mode now you will able to start in Safe mode. This may help you.

Thank you, friend for giving you precious time for me. I tried whatever you said. I first downloaded the safebootkey from torrent site. I installed it default setting I had not customized anything while installation. I ran the program by clicking on icon on the desktop then it asked to reboot I allowed it. Again facing same problem. When boot in safeboot repair option still I am not able to boot in safe mode. I stops at MUP and I get blue screen. But when I boot in normal mode it running fine. Please anyone help me to get out of this issue.

Hey friend just try this also, download Blue screenView from the internet. Unzip the content and run the Blue Screen View file and click on run button. Once scanning is done read the information. If no issue found they may be the problem with your antivirus. Try to remember that had ever installed Norton Antivirus or Security on your computer. Any of the Norton products. I show the case of mine. At OTL logs I found.SRV file missing. Or SRV file has been stopped. This has been done by the Norton Antivirus.

As you told that you have uninstalled McAfee long ago, and that mean you no longer using any McAfee product. Am I right? I asked this because I can still see McAfee products in safebootkey exported log.
    Webroot is now allow you to use both antivirus and firewall, and it appears you are now using this as a complete internet security suite. Is that right? There is still Norton in your system. Please tell what is cause that these security product is still appear in your sysytem. I can see UndeletableSafebootKey on desktop you cannot restore your safe mode function. Try this download SafeBootKeyRepair run it . Close all the programs. Dos prompt will be shown to you. scanning will start which will show you log contains problem.