Thread: HP servers Migration from UNIX to Linux

HP servers Migration from UNIX to Linux

I have heard that the company of Raymond Limited have saved a considerable amount of the AMC and have annually freed themselves and have got some of the hassles outputs when it has been migrated from UNIX based servers to Linux servers. I just want to know the information that why this company has changed the server from the UNIX based system to Linux. I have been using the same HP server that is of UNIX and has been proving out to be best for me. Please help me out with the details of the change of the server and also tell me that whether HP server is migrating from UNIX to Linux.

Re: HP servers Migration from UNIX to Linux

There has been certain issues that has been involved in licensing and maintenance of UNIX servers in the company so they have planned to change the server from UNIX to Linux. The company has decided to opt for Linux-based servers to migrate so that they don’t have to pay for the licenses that are there for the UNIX and Linux is available for free for them. And also they have done some of the profits because of this, and the company has now don’t have to bother for the updating of the license.

They have done taken this decision that has proved to be beneficial as they were able to convert the costs that involved in the AMC of UNIX servers on the costs which has been involved in purchasing the server and also the hardware to run a Linux based server. Many companies are migrating from UNIX to Linux in order to achieve significant savings. Most of them perform this operation at a fundamental stage in their development and also they change platforms when they upgrade their hardware or their software keys or when renewing a contract.

The view of this changes has been earlier seen, because the expensive UNIX platform was the only way to achieve high performance and reliable. But now, Red Hat Enterprise called company has also installed Linux on standard x86hardware which was considered to be an alternative for the affordable and reliable based systems. A solution that offers additional capabilities and service support safe and responsive and, for a much lower cost. Currently, in our world which happens to be working day and night, the optimizing uptime and performance can mean the difference between profits and losses. Designed to perform the essential duties and minimize downtime, the architecture of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server provides a secure base, efficient and modern computer technologies in the datacenter.

The development of solid open source solutions for high availability, the continued strengthening of the Linux kernel, the maturation of file systems, and testing, integration and support of various components of HP makes SUSE Linux Enterprise Server the most reliable currently available on the market. And so now most of the HP servers are coming from the Linux based systems rather than relying upon the UNIX based systems. So it has been seen that the migration has been proved to be the best for the servers of the HP because they are causing a considerable amount of the profits for the companies in which they are being used.

Thanks to the advanced memory management, support for processor, library NPTL and I / O capabilities improved, the HP solution is said to be providing the best possible performance. In fact, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server has set new world records in the area of scalability and performance, such as the implementation of SGI Altix 4700 system that has offered unparalleled levels of durability of the memory bandwidth with a single copy of the operating system powering 1024 Itanium processors. This solution has also reached new highs in terms of performance Oracle, in particular through the implementation of the Oracle database, which broke the record for sales and distribution of SAP standard Linux offering optimum performance. Enhanced by first-rate services, the HP solution is ideal for simplifying migration to Solaris, SCO and other migration from UNIX to Linux because it offers companies an economical alternative.