Thread: Unable to boot safe mode after cleaning up malware

Unable to boot safe mode after cleaning up malware

Hello friends, can someone please provide me suggestions so as to get the safe mode back on track as I am unable to boot in a safe mode. Although this was not the case earlier and I would easily access the safe mode but not after when I installed the malware detectors and cleaners, to remove the malware that were there inside my system. The operation was successful but when time came to boot the system in safe mode as the removal of the malware involved using safebootkey to access safe boot, during that time the operation is always aborted by the system and I cannot pass the test, can some one help me to know what is the problem with the safe mode

Re: Unable to boot safe mode after cleaning up malware

Dude first thing that I would want to know is that are you getting the system to run again in normal mode or is it that your system is just not getting started. Also, when you are booting your system in a safe mode there you could see some of the error code that gets generated when your operation aborts and so I would want to get a clear view of what exactly the errors are related to so that I can give you precise solution for the problem that you are having. So please first do reply and then see what we can do with the problem.

While the system is about to boot in a safe mode and when the operation gets aborted there are some errors that comes on the screen but the problem is that the operation is so fast that one cannot see what those with a naked eye were. But then also I have managed to see some of those and they are like some error related to the drivers/mup.sys and some kind of a stop code like 0x0000000A (0xF799A354,0x000000FF,0x00000001,0x804E2E51. So with this can any suggest me what could be the problem and how should I solve it.

Hey what I think that the error could be of the malware remover that you have just used to remove the malware that you were having on the system as you have suggested that previously the safe mode was running fine and you didn’t faced any problem while booting the system from it. But now that when you boot from the safe mode you get the error so I think that it could be the problem of the malware remover only and for that you must remove the malware remover and see if you can get the system boot from the safe mode or not, if yes then install a fresh copy of the malware software again.

Hey you should give attest to the safe mode and see if it working or not for that you will have perform the following
    • Click on the Start menu and select Run
    • Enter the following command into the Run box

• regedit /e C:\SafeBootK.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot"

• Now click OK
    • Go to C drive by opening the My Computer
    • You will have to look for a file called SafeBootK.txt in the C drive.
    • Double-click it to open the file with Notepad where you can get thenotification of the success or the error in the file.

Hey you should delete the malware remover of yours and instead must look to download the SuperAntiSpyware. This is a free software application and you can easily download the same from the internet. One you get the setup file double click on it and carry out the installation with the default settings. Once the installation process is complete a desktop icon of the same will created and you can launch the program by double clicking on it. Click the repair tab that you can see on the interface and this function will repair the broken safeboot key. After this make sure that you restart your system and you will get the safe mode working again normally.

Hey if your safebootkey is actually broken then you can even repair the same using the SafeBootKeyRepair application which again you can easily download from the internet. Once you launch this program just make sure that you have closed all the programs and the windows and have nothing open on the desktop. Now run the file and your computer scan will be started instantly, hold down and have patience as the scan might take some long time. Once it is done the log file will be shown containing the success or the failure of the safe mode.