Thread: How to Repair or Replace firmware in Beetel 220BX modem

How to Repair or Replace firmware in Beetel 220BX modem

I have about the details of the use of the Beetel in MTNL and it is that I have upagraded the firmware of the Beetel 220 BX and ADSL2+ modem. The manual says that the modem "automatically restart", but as I realized I restart the system, manually turn off the modem and lit it. After that, the modem just stopped working. Connecting the LAN equipment and now it is ranging from "connected" and "off. Have any one got any of the suggestions as to what can be done to repair the modem. Also I just want to know the details of the modem that can be used by me in it. Please help me out with this issue and provide me a proper solution for this.

Re: How to Repair or Replace firmware in Beetel 220BX modem

I would like to tell you that at the start you just have to download the firmware image from the Beetel and this can be done by you, by just downloading the Modem files directly from the Beetel website and then just make use of it in the system. And see to it that you are not using any other modem other than that of the MTNL, because it may cause you many problems in that. You can also try the reset option if it is not working out for you.

I would like to suggest you that you can just check out the connection of the LAN and then it is that you can just see that whether any of the issue is being caused it, and this will make the LAN icon to show up the details continuously when you are connecting to the various files in it. But the main thing is that you cannot do anything else like the accessing of the modem configuration or connecting to the Internet.

you can also try and upgrade the firmware that you are using in it and then see that whether it is necessary for you to repair the firmware that you are using in the system. And also it is that just try making the changes in the setting of the modem and then see that whether the connection is being done in it properly or not. You can also run the below given code for the upgrading of the firmware that you are using in it:
    Code:
    tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT T28-0q-003.img
    See that whether it is working out for you or not.

If the above steps are not working out then it is that you can just get the view of some of the other modem that will be working out for you. And see that while you are dialing for the connection to the internet the same error is being repeated in it or not. If the same kind of the error is being repeated then it is that you have to make the changes in the modem itself and nothing else. Try the use of the telnet and see that the modem is replying for the connection that is being done along with the use of the telnet in it.

If you have tried the multiple steps of repairing it and still if it is not working out well then the only option that is left with you is that you can just download a newer version of the software and it can just be downloaded by the official site that is being provided by the Beetel it self. And don’t try to get the Modem from some other companies as if you are using the broadband services that are being provided by the MTNL then you should try and download the Modem that is being provided by them and not from any other for example the one which is being provide the Airtel. So better see that what kind of the Modem is being used by you when you trying to use any of the services related to the broadband. And still the issue is being faced then you can just take the last resort that is you can just reset the connection of the LAN and then see that it will working out for you or not.