Thread: Wired network adapter not displaying any network

Wired network adapter not displaying any network

I am having a Windows vista specified Acer aspire notebook, this is compatible with wired network connectivity. I am using Broadcom wired router, but the problem is there is not network showing in my system after I open "view network connections", the list completely blank. Is there any one having any information regarding this issue, and how to recover from this problem? Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Wired network adapter not displaying any network

The problem might be occurred for the network connectivity, are using any network authenticated password to access internet? If this then make sure that you insert the correct user ID and password in network prompt, along with this also check in the network and sharing window, if there all the networks are showing then be sure that the problem not in your wired adapter, this is in the network prompt. Though another trick is that remove the adapter from your system and then again reinsert this, though this is quite dangerous for the laptops, so for this follow the user manual guide, that provided by the manufacturer.

As per my opinion, I think the problem that you mentioned in your post might be overcome by reload the wired router driver, for that insert the driver installation disc into the drive and ping to the device manager from there open network tab and right click on the driver name, choose the advanced recommended option, it will direct you to locate the driver installation program from the desire location, browse and start the installation process. Wait till the process completes, and after the completions reboot your system. I hope by this you will able to resolve the issue.

Assuming you have the right drivers loaded, look at the device manager, the thing may be in the router, in an incompatibility between the mini-pci wired and router, or you have been released some antenna cable mini pci wired when you open the notebook. I also bet that it has released a tiny thin wire antenna . Few months ago I was also facing relevant issue, after that I follow the and by these I can easily able to resolve the issue. Along with this, in the notebook is usually a small switch to toggle the network, make sure you have it enabled, if not, although from the devices you see does not send or receive a signal, check it.

I am also having a issue with my 1 year older Linksys wired router, that is stopped working from last two days, I tried by reload the driver, also update they firmware version, but nothing helps me, after that I also tried to check for the status of the router in another system, but there also I found the similar issue. I think though this is an older model and for this it is occurring this type of problem. So now I am willing to replace it with a new one. Is there any one can provide me any information regarding the wired router, which should be compatible with the windows XP platform? Any information about this will be greatly appreciable.

The Dlink DWL-G520 wired network adapter is a 32-bit PCI card that install speedily and easily on a PC, it will permit you to connect to a wired network that assemble the standard 802.11b or 802.11g. This wired adapter can be used in point to point mode or as normal network boundary. Now you can create a wired network without installing a single cable. You can simply share your Internet connection with other family members. Connect to the Internet from any location or from anywhere with this wired network adapter 54 mbits. Share data, network games or just have fun in a completely safe thanks to its 256-bit encryption. Compatible with networks of 54, 22, 11 mbs or less and wired networks. Range up to 100 meters indoors and 100-150 outdoors. It is Compatible with Windows 98, Me, 200 and XP. It designed for PCI 2.2 bus, working with 2.4GHz frequency, compatible with the 802.11g standard, which provides a bandwidth up to 54Mbps. Equipped with the function plug-n-play, the card is easily installed on any desktop PC.

Wired Network Card PCMCIA slot that permit network connections among your laptop and other computers with wired network. Fully attuned with 802.11g and 802.11b standard afford high-speed wired communication up to 54 Mb for laptops with Windows 98SE, Me, and XP. This card incorporates an integrated antenna on the exterior, providing great coverage and scope. Supports 64/128 bit WEP encryption to ensure safety and privacy of data sent. It incorporates with power saving mode in infrastructure mode to minimize power utilization of the equipment.

Wired Network Adapter with USB connection that features high rate and small size. With this type of adapter you can attach any computer to a wired network with only having one USB port. It fully bear wired IEEE 802.11g standard (up to 54 Mbps) and IEEE 802.11b (up to 11 Mb) so it can connect to any network or wired router. Has a typical range of 35 to 100m indoors and 100-300 meters outdoors. It includes 64/128 bit WEP key to ensure the confidentiality of your data as it travels through the air. It includes drivers for Windows 98SE, ME, W2000 and XP. So easy to use as plug and play. I recommend you to go for the High-gain omni-directional antenna for the 2.4 Ghz that progress the signal and lessen dead spots. This antenna is attuned with all network devices 11b/g/n 802. These can be used with all type of routers, access points, wired ADSL router, etc. It is also valid for audio and video transmitters of up to 2.4 Ghz. The antenna has a magnetic base that can also be fixed to the wall with screws. It has 2-meter cable with a SMA connector finish. Its high gain helps to improve the coverage of your wired network, making wired devices have better connections and more speed, avoiding shadows as it has three times more gain than the original antenna of the router.