Thread: Speedtest gets affected when Kaspersky is ON

Speedtest gets affected when Kaspersky is ON

Every time I keep a speed test on such that I can keep a track of the download speed. While doing that I have to keep my active scanner of kaspersky off. That is because while keeping the kaspersky on the speed test shows some really weird download speeds. The normal download speed that I get is anywhere around 512kbps. When I keep this kaspersky on the speed test shows a weird download speed that is anywhere around 5Mbps. So that’s why I have to keep the kaspersky on every time I keep anything for the downloading purpose. So anyone who have faced this similar problem may please get back to me. since i am very eager to know who others are facing this kind of problem. In case if you have any other solutions for this problem then do let me know about it.

Re: Speedtest gets affected when Kaspersky is ON

It is very strange that you keep your antivirus scanner off every time you are downloading something. Do you know with this activity you are inviting many threats to enter your system? let the speed test results show anything you must count the time with which your particular file is getting downloaded and according to me that matters and not the false download speed which is getting displayed in the system. so I hope you are understanding what exactly I am trying to speak here. So do follow my advice and better keep your security system on it will benefit you.

Thank you for informing about the security of my system. well I am quite aware of that and I am taking the necessary steps to ensure the security of my system. I have added several urls in the safe and the trusted list. I also keep a track of the time when the download gets over. The speed test is the only tool by which we can complain to the isp that if the particular download speed gets down then I have the proof of it in the form of the speed test. So that I send a copy of the speed test to the isp and hence I can expect some type of improvements in the download speeds. So I hope you have understood my situation.

Let me inform you all that the kasperksy internet security does sometimes act as a proxy server and hence getting such type of results is nothing new. Also talking about the speed test let me warn you that the results displayed by the speed test is not accurate eveytime and I do not think you can count on it. so if you are getting a good download speed and your file is getting downloaded faster even I f the kaspersky is on then why need to worry. Only because of the speed test? Please I would advice you to have a relook at the decision that you have taken and think over it.

I completely agree with what you have said here. Well let me inform you that I have picked up a accurate server and I think the server does gives me accurate result everytime is start with the downloading process. The results of the test have been spot on. The point that I want to make here is that if I configure Kaspersky Internet Security for not checking traffic from these sites why it does that? I think the only option that is left with me is to switch to the firewall. I think that will be of great help for me.

Kaspersky is reknowned for skewing speed test results but doesn't effect your speed.

I would advice you to first have a complete check of the download speeds when the antivirus program is completely on and also when the program is off. One more point I will try to bring to your notice is that P2P torrents are not reliable method of testing either. Try updating the network card driver that you have it will be a much help for you. Do try keeping the modem stable and see if it is in a good condition. On having followed these above advices you will surely get to see some improvement in the result.