Thread: Need Help To avoid data loss while on net

Need Help To avoid data loss while on net

I have been using the net for long and also I have been browsing all the E-mails files that can be used by me for the taking of all the data's from the computer system that I am using.The main problem is that I am just losing many of the data in it and also it is due to the use of the internet. I just want to get the details of the various files and how can I prevent myself from loosing out the data in it. Please help me out with this.

re: Need Help To avoid data loss while on net

Do not open any attachment in an e-mail from an unknown sender or uncertain. Do not open any e-mail if you do not know what it is, even if sent by a friend or partner. Most viruses spread by email. It is easier to prevent than to repair, so it is advisable to seek confirmation from the sender. Do not open attached files or messages with suspicious or unexpected subject. If you want to open them, save them on your hard disk and scan them with a quality antivirus and updated.

Delete any chain mail or unsolicited email. Do not pass and do not reply to senders. This type of message is considered spam, because it is unwanted information and unsolicited Internet traffic affecting. Do not copy any file if you do or do not trust its source. Pay close attention to Internet downloads. Check each time the source and make sure that a virus has already verified the files on the site. If you are not sure, copy the file to your hard drive or removable and scan with your antivirus.

Use a reliable antivirus program and put it updated as often as possible. Choose an antivirus with a resident module, in order to monitor computer activity while you work. If you have antivirus software installed on your system, put it updated regularly. Every month, 500 new viruses are discovered. The update files must contain at least the signatures of new viruses, but it is important also to update the scan engines.

Make backup copies (backups) important data regularly. If a virus destroys them, you can replace them. It is recommended to keep these files separately, or even on another computer or media. If you have any doubts about a file or message, do not download it, do not run or do not open it.Access to a computer workstation or file by id and password is the first protections. The password must be individual, difficult to guess and kept secret. It must be written in any medium.

Access to workstations and applications must be done using user accounts registered, and not generic in order to eventually be able to track the actions made on a file and thus empower all stakeholders. Indeed, the accounts generic does not identify exactly one person. This rule should also apply to accounts for system and network administrators and other staff responsible for operating the information system. Access to personal data stored in a database should be limited only to people who may legitimately have access to perform the tasks entrusted to them.