Thread: In Kaspersky Antivirus 11 list of trusted applications disappear from settings

In Kaspersky Antivirus 11 list of trusted applications disappear from settings

I have KAV 2011 installed in my PC .It used to work properly in past but now it has started to give some trouble. The issue is that after random time the list of trusted applications used to automatically disappear from settings. Also after a random time, names of application become messed up even if they are not added to list of excluded applications. However the paths and exclusion settings remain same. So can you give me a solution for this solution? Where does the list of trusted application disappear?

Re: In Kaspersky Antivirus 11 list of trusted applications disappear from settings

I had a look at your problem and I fell that the solution is not that difficult for this. What you need to do is you need to do a clean installation. I feel that you must uninstall KAV first. After that you have to save the activation data. Then you need to reboot your system. Once you are done with this then you need to install the latest version of KAV. You just need to visit the web-site of Kaspersky and need to install the latest version of the anti-virus. I am sure that this process will help you in getting rid of the problem that you are facing.

Re: In Kaspersky Antivirus 11 list of trusted applications disappear from settings

Thanks for the prompt reply that and the solution that you have provided me on my query. But unfortunately I’ve already tried with the clean install process of KAV. When I got this problem even I thought that this will be the solution for this particular problem. So I started with clean installation process. But it didn’t work and the problem still persists. But when I booted system the list of 71 trusted applications was reduced to 60. Is this a limit or is it something else?

I checked out your problem and I feel that there is one more solution which you can check out. You can start it by adding the applications in the trusted applications through a browser. If you are adding it through application list then you must un-check the option delete application control rule in 30 days which is application control settings. I am sure that this will also work. Check out with this solution and I am sure that the trusted applications won’t disappear from your settings.

Again appreciate you for your immediate reply. I worked on the solution that you provided me and it worked amazingly. I started the process by adding the applications in the trusted applications through an application list. So for this I first unchecked the option delete application control rule in 30 days which is application control settings. Once I finished with that then I checked the list of trusted applications and they didn’t disappear from settings. Along with that the name of the applications didn’t got messed up. For this I would again like to thank you for providing me with the solution.