Thread: IP address conflict in tikona broadband

IP address conflict in tikona broadband

Well I am facing this issue from quite a long time. Well the problem is with the automatic ip address that is being generated by the DHCP servers. Well every day I get a ip address conflict. This is really frustrating. Since this is happening from quite some time. I suspect that someone internally from the tikona is doing this and that is why I am not able to get the ip address correct for my system. Also whenever I check the usage details of the broadband connection it shows a 500MB jump in the usage details. I think somebody is using my ip for their personal use. Are there any methods by which you would help me in this situation?

Re: IP address conflict in tikona broadband

Well you need to increase the security measures that you have in your system. so that your ip does not gets used by the other persons in the industry. So for that I would advice you to have a check of the ip address and change the passwords that you have kept while you are setting up the network address in the system. So that will definitely be a great help for you. Do try changing the password and the third person will not be able to get an access of your networks ip address. So do follow all the suggestions that I have given you here. It will definitely be a great help for you.

According to me I would have adviced you to have a good firewall installed in your system that will definitely be a great help for you. Do not allow any inbound connections and also closely monitor the outbound connections that are taking place. That will give you some idea about the connections that is taking place between your system and also the other third party. Well it is very necessary to have a good firewall in your system so that these type of mistakes is not repeated again. So do follow the advice that I have given you here. It will be very helpful for you.

I have heard about the mac address being copied and mimicked. I think copying a ip address is a very difficult task and there is only one ip address given to a particular network connection and it is totally impossible to create another ip address of the system. so I think it is next to impossible to create such ip addresses. As of now I would advice you to create a new connection with a new ip address and track who is using the old ip address that you were using. With this method you will be able to track the connection and would be able to nab the culprit. So do follow this suggestions , I think it will definitely help you.

According to me you must report this problem to he nearest tikona customer service center and must report the problem to them about such illegal activities happening with your ip address. It is a very serious issue and it must be dealt with, so do work on it accordingly. I hope that some solutions would surely come up with these. Try to take all the protective measures that are suggested above it will add much benefit for you and your system. so do carry on with the suggestions and do keep me updated about this particular problem.

Hey thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here. Well let me tell you that your suggestions were of great help to me. I will try and implement the steps that you have suggested above and see which one would give a appropriate result for me. as of now I had a talk with the tikona people and I also have registered a complain in their office regarding this matter and I am hoping that they will surely be able to get some inputs on this topic. So lets hope for the best.