Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-02-2011

What is stop-virus.vbs file?

I do not know why like this kind of issues are happening with me so if you guys have any suggestion regarding the same so please help me. Actually whenever I try to start my so the first thing which I got over here is that it prompts me a message which is displaying me that File could not be found. "C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\stop-virus.vbs" And when on to the windows when I click on to the "OK" button the whole thing is running fine but I want to know what is it. So any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Old 26-02-2011

Re: What is stop-virus.vbs file?

I am also going through the some similar kind of issue. Actually in the same my antivirus detected the boot.vbs virus. But it is unable to remove that so if you guys have any suggestion on the same so please help me. And please try to do it as soon as it is possible for you guys. And I just want to thank you in advance. I am recently making use of the Kaspersky antivirus. I am just waiting for you suggestion please help me as soon as you can.
Old 26-02-2011

I am also going through the same problem. I am making use of the NOD32 Security Suite which is creating problem for me. After seven minutes, a request to debug the app appears as the some module of NOD32 would crash and reload. It's been a long time I have been making using of the NOD32. So finally I have decided to try some other antivirus. There are two good options for me. And those are Bitdefender and Kaspersky. But the main issue is that I wanted to purchase one of those. The problem was that I wanted to purchase one of those. So I determined to make use of a 6-month trial of Kaspersky Internet Security, which will be more than enough for me to prove it. So please help me.
Old 26-02-2011

Regarding this when I was going through the same issue I have downloaded it and installed it. It started to scan my PC. And it detected a threat that was unaware of NOD32! Virus was boot.vbs. I figured I'd delete the virus manually rather than relying on Kaspersky. That way I would like to learn more. So this is what I have done in my case. So if you want then you can go for it.
Old 26-02-2011

If you want to get rid from this issue so you just follow it I am sure that it will help you in order to get rid from the same:
  1. So first you have to go to Task Manager ?> Processes and after that you just end the following processes in order:
    • dxdlg.exe
    • wscript.exe
  2. and after the same you have to go to Start ?> Run ?> regedit ?> Open the following key:
  3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon
  4. In the right hand pane, select User init and delete the whole thing except ?C:windowssystem32userinit.exe?
  5. Confirm the procedures wscript.exe and dxdlg.exe are not executing.
  6. Disable System Restore and then enable it again.
  7. Restart your computer.
Old 06-03-2011

I am agree with the solution which is given before to me but in the same you have to Delete the following files
1. C:WindowsSystem32dxdlg.exe
2. C:WindowsSystem32boot.vbs
3. In your Windows drive, search for boot.vbs and delete all of them.
4. In your Windows drive, search for kinza.exe and delete all of them.
Hopefully everything will be cleaner now and your computer will be free from boot.vbs virus. Please share your experiences.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,