Thread: Tips to extend wifi range

Tips to extend wifi range

I have got BSNL broadband net. I want to use internet from my other room which is about 70m from my house where I have kept the modem. I want to know how can I increase the rage of my wifi ? please tell me all the possible means through which I can extend the wifi range for distant internet access. Tell me if i increase the wifi range it is not going to affect the browsing speed of the internet?

Re: Tips to extend wifi range

To increase the range of wifi first of all check your current wireless router if it is more than a year old you have to splurge on a new one. You can also attach wifi repeater which is known as wireless range expander to your router .this will enhance your coverage range for your wireless network without any means of cable wires. That repeater should be placed in the range of existing router .what it does is ,it reflect the signals to other areas where wireless reception of signals was poor. Repeater can get easily connected to both routers and access point wirelessly.

You can increase the wifi range by adding more wireless router and connect it our existing router using Ethernet cable. All the set up required for such is achieved cheap budget, best part internet speed doesn’t get slow down, it remains with same speed even for those computers which access from other routers. Price of Ethernet cable and wireless routers are not very high. By connecting more routers we can increase the wifi range without slowing down the internet speed.

Wifi range can also be increased using option of access point in spite of routers to extend the range. But this is not often done the reason for so is, wireless access point is more expensive than equivalent routers. The other plus point of router is that it has extra LAN ports so in future; we can add more wired computers for sharing files or internet connection.We can create many access point for increasing the wifi range but only problem in doing so is its costly.but it is very efficient way to increase the range.

You can increase your wifi range in many ways . if your computer laptop, desktop is old enough then add an external wireless adapter i.e USB based ,else you can increase wifi range by doing up gradation of internal network card to improve the wireless reception which increases your internet range. You can increase the wifi range either by extra router or access point. by increasing number of wireless access point and router we can increase the range of wifi as per our requirement.

To increase wifi range we can use additional wireless adapter which is also cheaper than other means of increasing wifi range. Wifi range also can be enhanced by increasing more access point .setting extra access point in the network is expensive. Other things which also matters is the machine which we use and how is its performance. In this way you can increase your wifi range.