Thread: WPA2/Enterprise wireless connection is not working

WPA2/Enterprise wireless connection is not working

I am currently at studying in to college. Well I am having wireless network WPA2/Enterprise across the campus of the college. Well we need to add login details to use the same. Whenever I attempt to open my laptop and try to connect with the network it prompts me for the login. Well I have already entered user id and password in that and also this particular credential already stored into WPA profile for this particular Network. I have tried everything which I knew to fix the problem .but it did not help me at all. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: WPA2/Enterprise wireless connection is not working

Well I am not having any issue while I am using Wi-Fi at the home of mine. You can fix the problem by deleting Network Preferences & Keychain entries. In case if you don’t want to delete multiple entries than I recommend that you can go for Network section and choose Airport. Where you have to click on Preferences and go for Advanced. Only drawback of doing this you have to manually create and delete Network Preferences & Keychain entries every day.

well everyone knows that Mac OS X can only import private keys in PKCS#12 so we are supposed to export items into suitable format.
    Code:
    # openssl pkcs12 -export -in cert.pem -inkey key.pem \
    -out client.p12 -name "host.domain"
    Here host.domain is associated with FQDN for which digital certificate and private key is generated. The resulting file client.p12 is having private key and public key digital certificate. You have to move this file suing SSH/SCP/SFTP session. You have to double click on cacert.pem in order to install the certificate

Yes it’s a very strange issue I have seen s far since it is unable to store the passwords in keychain where it is entered. When I try to delete and try to do setting for the same under Network preference pane. I am unable to create a new entry for the new password entered at that particular moment. I suspect that this particular issue is either associated with preference pane which is not having any permission to save the password.

I am asking for curiosity whether VM is installed on the computer of not. Let me know which version Mac OSX you have installed on the computer of yours. Well I have found that this particular problem is get resolved after upgrading with Mac OSX with 10.6.4 version. So I am suggesting you that you should try to update the Mac OSX and see whether it is helping you out or not. Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

I have clicked on network preferences where you have to click on Advanced button. Now go for preferred networks and choose the associated WPA-encrypted network and simply click on the little pencil icon which you can sue to modify the parameters of the network. A new dialog box will prompted on the screen where you have to enter login information. Now you need to disconnect network and reconnected the same. Once I have completed I am not having any issue so far.