Thread: KIS 2011 raises CPU use to 100%

KIS 2011 raises CPU use to 100%

Hi all, I expect you can assist me as I am having 100% CPU usage from last week. This is my friend’s computer which I help to keep up for him. I am an practiced user and I am frightened that he is not. I have installed the Kaspersky Internet security that computer but after installing that I observed that the CPU raised to almost 100%. This also slows down the processing speed of the computer. Can you tell me that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved? I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

Re: KIS 2011 raises CPU use to 100%

I think that there is some issue with the installed antivirus that you are using in your computer. There might be some of the installed files that are corrupted and that is the cause that it is showing this dangerous effect. My suggestion to you is to install the antivirus once again. Before installing that, you should make sure that you have installed the one that was previously installed in your system. There are many of the cases like this which I have seen and where installing the KIS once again solves the problem and so I am telling you to do the same. I hope that this will help you.

There might be some other programs that are running along with the KIS 2011 and that is creating the problem for you. If you want to check that then just Press Alt + ctrl + del button and this will open the task manager. Select the process tab and that will show you the processes that are running in your system. You can end the processes that are not needed by you and then check that if it makes any difference in the use of CPU. I am not telling that it is the only issue, but it is one of the probable reasons that can cause this. I hope that this will solve the issue for you.

I cannot say what to do with this situation as it is the first time I am seeing this issue. You may try uninstalling and installing that again and see if that helps you. Other than this you can try to update the virus definition and see if that can resolve the problem for you. And if that also does not help you then you can try to read this thread and see if it can help you in any manner to solve the issue. Please report back any of the solution helps for you.

An overloaded CPU is able to reason 100% cpu usage. If the CPU spike occur rarely and accurate themselves rapidly, don't be anxious regarding it. Such as IE otherwise firefox browing internet, click Audio Video Interleaved (AVI), and Right-Click the item within Explorer. For those with problem where you obtain 100% cpu usage at startup for few minutes, the offender is most expected windows updates. Immobilize that (make use of manual only) and your boot-ups will be much earlier. But if they remain coming reverse otherwise cpu usage 100% the entire time and the computer process is slow, you have to discover out what's mistaken and solve it. perhaps your computer contain additional issues like Registry Errors. That is for the reason that day by day computer use reasons “sludge” to build-up within your Registry.