Thread: Stop Kaspersky before updating Win 7 with service pack 1

Stop Kaspersky before updating Win 7 with service pack 1

I am having the Kaspersky Internet Security installed in my computer and now I want to update Windows 7 with service pack 1. Some of my friends told me that I will have to disable the Kaspersky protection from my computer before updating. But I am in doubt with that and so I am leaving this thread over here So that I can get idea from you people that if that is true or I can do that directly. Please reply as early as possible. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Stop Kaspersky before updating Win 7 with service pack 1

The safest technique method to do that is to download final SP1 from the internet to your hard drive and after that disconnect the internet from your computer. Once you are done with that then you will have to immobilize KAV/KIS protection as well as exit them as of the tray icon too. After that, you will have to choose the choice to start again protection on reboot when it asks you for that. Now install the SP1 and follow the onscreen instruction given by that. After completing all the things you will have to reboot the computer and that will work properly for you. I wish that this will help you in any manner.

I am having a couple of query and I expect you can make it clear. When you state "disable KIS/KAV protection" as well as "exit from tray icon", I recognize what you signify regarding exit from the tray icon, except what step precisely do you indicate when you state "disable KIS/KAV protection"? Is this is the Settings > General Settings > UNCHECK Enable Protection? I take for granted that is a crumb of "belt and suspenders" advance to be actually sure RTP processes are ended totally, more therefore they would be by simply exiting as of system tray. Because SP1 will be creating a lot of registry changes ahead reboot, would it not be a safer to initially reboot, allow Windows verify victorious SP1 install and after that connect to internet and restart KIS yourself.

I would like to tell you that the tray shortcut for pause protection performs the similar fixation as well as it is simpler to access. if you put KIS/KAV to start again on startup then you are sheltered previous to enabling network adapter otherwise plugging the LAN wire reverse in and connect to internet that is the most excellent approach. Service pack 1 is supposed to really not create too many modifications if you have reserved up to date by means of windows updates. There are simply a little alteration in this case so it truly ought to be no difficulty to install on a well maintained operating system. However, should problems and it will rollback modifications previous to login screen come into view. If some problem expand after this then restoring as of a backup is the most excellent remedy.

It would be sufficient for you if you pause that by means of the system tray. If you exit from that through the system tray then also it will unloads the resources that are utilized by the tray icon as well as GUI processes. That is the reason that there is additional clout accessible to obtain the service pack installed which is a bit faster. Not completely essential on a decent contemporary machine but each of this can help.

Here is a short declaration as of MS on the release of SP1: Microsoft held that it has launched the initial service pack designed for Windows 7 as well as Windows Server 2008 R2 to unique equipment manufacturers, by means of a consumer release toward following afterward this month. Microsoft stated that update will leave out to consumers throughout Windows Update scheduled on February 22. TechNet subscribers as well as Microsoft's volume license customers will obtain their hands on it a week previously, on 16th