Thread: KIS 2011 Activation Error

KIS 2011 Activation Error

I have recently purchased the Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 since is working great on many of my friends computer. I tried to install that and it asked me for the activation key. I entered the key as they have given me. When I pressed the OK button then it shows me the error message that says “Activation Error: Cannot setup server connection”. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with that and how can this be solved. I tried to install that many of the times but all the times it comes up with the same error message. Please post your suggestion regarding this that how can I solve this issue. Thank you.

Re: KIS 2011 Activation Error

There might be some problem with the internet connection that you are having. It may not be providing the connection or the speed properly and so that is showing you the issue. So check for the proper connection. I am not saying that this is the only problem for this but it is one of the possible reasons for this that can be responsible for the problems like this. If you get the issue resolved then reply me back.

Are you making the use of the proxy server and if that is true then that might be causing the issue. For that, you will have to set the proxy server within KIS settings but this is only if you are using the proxy server. Other than this, you should also check the system date and time and if they are not correct then correct them accordingly and save the changes. Check that the time and date format is same as you are using in the installation process. So try these two things and see if that can help you or not.

This can be only because the activation server is down and that is the reason that it is not able to activate that. You can wait for one or two days and after that again try to activate that and see if that can be activated properly or not? Other than this you can also contact the Kaspersky support and ask them for the same. They will tell you the exact problem reason for the problem and also the thing that you need to do to get out of the issue. Click here to get the contact detail of them. I wish that this will help you in any manner.

It is also possible that the setup that you are using to do that may be corrupted and so it is not accepting the activation code. I think that you will have to download the new setup for the antivirus from the internet and then install that in your computer. After that, try to activate that with the code. If that is the problem with the corrupted setup then this time you will get the antivirus updated without any problem.

It will be superior if you can just converse regarding the matter of yours through the TECH SUPPORT of Kaspersky and observe if that can actually assist you in some manner there. Fine, on the computer of mine I encompass the updated edition of Antivirus but I actually did not discover something strange there. It looks like, if you have installed Antivirus correctly then it will be enhanced if you can observe for a few support from their side as well as make out if they can assist you by means of the problem.