Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-02-2011

Bug found: KIS firewall not working properly

Well i have some issues with the firewall of the kaspersky. Well the problem is that i have instructed kaspersky to prompt for action for all the programs when they are going to be connected to the internet. I have given the allow permission only for the two applications in the kaspersky. Well after having assigned this particular permission. Then also it asks for the permission. Which made me think that the firewall is not working properly. So do you all have any methods by which i would be able to allow all the connection as automatic. So any views for this particular topic?
Old 20-02-2011

Re: Bug found: KIS firewall not working properly

I would advice you to continuously update the database of the antivirus program that you are having. Well this kind of presence of bugs are prevalent only when you dont update the antivirus program. So do keep updating your database. I think the problem is with the firewall of the particular antivirus program. So there is nothing much that you can do here. you will have to wait for the updates so that the developers would be able to solve the problem accordingly. So i hope you have understood what i am trying to say.
Old 20-02-2011

If you ask me i would say if you are not satisfied with the current firewall program then the best option would be to opt for a good third party software firewall. May be it will give you a much better protection that you were looking for. I have heard that the windows 7 firewall is quite good and it is much effective against all the threats that are present in todays world. Also the functioning of the firewall is quite good. So do not worry much about it. So as of now you are not satisfied with the kis firewall then you can surely opt for the windows 7 firewall.
Old 20-02-2011

I think so you must report this problem to he customer support desk of the kaspersky and describe your problem. Well this would surely prove to be very beneficial because this will allow the developers to take a notice about this particular problem and they will accordingly look to solve this issue. I think so this would be the most effective and the better options of all the given options that are given above. So do try talking to them and they will surely be able to get back to you with some solution. I hope you have understood my solution.
Old 20-02-2011

Even i have the same problem. In my case it is that whatever setting i have kept for the particular program before connection to the internet gets saved and after the reboot of the system all the saved settings gets disappeared and it comes back to the original settings. Hence the firewall does not obey any of my instructions. Hence i am feeling very sad about it. I did try contacting the customer support and they have confirmed that it is due to the presence of some bugs and they are yet to find some solution for it. Well i am very happy with the antivirus service that it gives me but i am concerned about the firewall service.
Old 20-02-2011

Well this is a issue where we cannot do much about it. Well the maximum that we cannot do is to change the firewall and wait for the updates from the kaspersky people to solve this particular issue. once done with it we can get back to the old firewall that we were having. So this is what we can do. Well if you want more information you can have a search in the internet regarding the same issue and get to know more information about it. Well this is what i can provide here. hope you have liked it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,